Dont you love customs

steven

Gold forum user
Had a call from the company shipping my Tiger. I was told it went from Cal on the 22nd April and would land here about the 10th of June. Told the name of the ship and all. The wonders of the net, was following the ship and it was almost at its first port in China before onshipping to Brisbane AUS. New info container NOT on ship, held by US customs for inspection etc. Not only my Tiger, the container holds at least another 3 cars. Also told there will be additional cost:( wonder if that will be shared by the other car buyers?) They also mentioned they expect to ship the container after release by cutoms and deliver to AUS at the expected time?????? how, by air:confused:
Thats my gripe for today:)
Steven

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Had a call from the company shipping my Tiger. I was told it went from Cal on the 22nd April and would land here about the 10th of June. Told the name of the ship and all. The wonders of the net, was following the ship and it was almost at its first port in China before onshipping to Brisbane AUS. New info container NOT on ship, held by US customs for inspection etc. Not only my Tiger, the container holds at least another 3 cars. Also told there will be additional cost:( wonder if that will be shared by the other car buyers?) They also mentioned they expect to ship the container after release by cutoms and deliver to AUS at the expected time?????? how, by air:confused:
Thats my gripe for today:)
Steven

Steven,

When i shipped my car it was over 1 month late, and the extra month was when they lost track of it in china! It was supposed to be transfered to another ship, but didnt, and instead hung around there a while longer.. but in the end was all fine.

A pitty in some ways that it didnt stay longer, we could have had the car reproduced, or maybe even if they did the filter housings and a few other hard to find bits :D

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Car Shipping vs. Customs

FYI: The big nightmare for Customs (the Feds) lately is the rash of big new high-end cars being bought for cash in States with relaxed Reg/Title requirements and then "driven" to the docks for shipping to China . The combo of Titled ownership (lots of Smith & Jones') and the driven milage makes it a "used" vehicle, excise free/etc. We had a local incident near us where some 97 vehicles were processed over a 7 month span before the town clerk stopped doing here nails long enough to wonder if this was legit?? Anyway, thanks to a few outlaws, we're all paying the price . . . . .

steven

Gold forum user
Well its on its way, the delivery date has blown out till middle July. Thats assuming it doesn't get mislayed in Japan, China, Singapore or New Zealand. Still waiting to find out the extra cost for the customs grab. Oh I was told the reason for customs inspection was to remove the plates on the cars, they belong to the Government. That little exercise has cost me a month and most probably a extra grand. To fill in the time I have been doing a night college course in welding. So I can do the repairs myself. (insert smilies) Will post piccies as it developes. :)

Cal44

Gold forum user
Steven,
I know it's not me, but, July isn't too far off. Can't wait to see some snaps. Keep us informed. Thank goodness it doesn't take that long to get my Blundies............love those things.

Mike

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steven,

Customs then hit you here to "clean" the car. This is to get rid of all bugs dirt etc that the car might have. I asked to be there when they unpacked my car so i could ensure they didnt damage it and so that some goof with a psi washer didnt blast the snot out of it.

Of course they didnt call me and unpacked it without me being there (so i didnt get to see them do it.. or get some nice pics of it coming out of the container) when i got there it had been "cleaned".. i dont think they touched it.. lots of wildlife (dead bugs) in the radiator and dirt on the front valence.. still i was happy.. means i got to clean it carefully.. though they still charged me $150 for not washing it.

steven

Gold forum user
Still waiting to see when and if it arrives in my city. Will follow the ship on the web. Have a feeling the ship only does the northern part of the planet. So if the container is transfered to a new ship I will then do a search to see were it is. I will follow this shipping every chance I can. I do not want my tiger to fall in anybody else's hands. Then, when it gets here, the local gov people will be screwing me for more money even tho they have no costs.
:cool: