Back on the ground....for now

Cal44

Gold forum user
After three months on jack stands the Tiger is back on the ground.
I don't know how you guys do this for years, three months felt like three years.

What I did:

Pulled the rear end out and had a posi installed.
New Springs all around a firm ride as I like. Dales
New Koni's all around, bushings front and rear, spring seats, rubber steering boots, brakes front and rear to include hoses. S.S

New stainless exhaust with what I find to be a perfect note and a very easy install. S.S

Note to suppliers, design a non-press upper ball joint that is held in place with three bolts like on a early Mustang, that goes for press in bushings on the lower A's. Bits that can be removed with a wrench and big vice.

Next week off to get an alignment. More to come as there is more to do.

Thank you Mr. Willet for your direction. The lower and upper A's work miteeee fine.

Last edited:

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Looks nice! Waiting for more pics.

Please be wary of those yellow tubular jack stands. They have the potential to buckle and collapse.

Justin

Cal44

Gold forum user
Some mo'

The sleigh...........:D

Now keep in mind I am not a professional. Out of the worst things I had to do was putting the front sway bar on. I am going to design an angled wrench to lever down those darn attachments, unless someone has already done so, then I would like to see what they look like. I thought I was going to pull out what was left of my hair. Took the Tig out for several test drives and all "seems" fine.

On a side note. In one of my prior posts I mentioned I had sent the stock Ford distributor to Tim O'Conner, noted Ford distributor guy. I hadn't driven it since I got the distributor back.............Holy Smokes what a difference. Crisp is the best answer I can provide. I still am running the two barrel.
The high horse power guys will eat me alive but I think I shall just leave well enough alone for now. Next is more work on the gauges and interior of the doors. New springs = new rattles.
If you see something that does not appear right then fire away. I wasn't sure about the "big washer" in the first picture but I think that is how I found it..............I think.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Time fer a nap

Looking at all that work tires me out. Good job, except the fat washer goes between the bracket & A-arm on the outer ones. Remember, your supposed to have two black smokin' lines, flashing light & siren in the rear view . . . . .keepin' em' runnin', randy

Cal44

Gold forum user
Dang it! I knew someone would point out the washer in the wrong position. I will fix it when I build the lever handle. I wonder how the boys attached those darn clamps at the factory? They had too be doing it faster than the way I tried.