Original British Car Day

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
On Sunday 5 June 2001 the 34th Original British Car Day was held in Adamstown, MD. This is a pretty big British Car event in the Washington D.C. area. Unfortunately, the turnout was smaller than usual thanks to a very threatening weather report but the weather held and actually turned hot and sunny by the afternoon.

Despite the weather forecast we had a pretty good turnout for Sunbeams...6 Tigers (7 including the restoration project that was trailered in to be TAC'd) and 3 Alpines. Joe Parlanti, Jim Sencidiver, and Tom Calvert conducted the TAC inspections and TAC'd two newly certified Tigers.

Joe and Ronnie Silber along with a number of others provided sausage and peppers along with other picnic fare. Attached are some pictures from the event.

Jim Lindner

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,

A very strong showing of quality cars, 2 MKII's in there as well. Always nice to see a group of sunbeams putting on a show, but even better with such high quality cars.

I have to say.. the more i see Tigers on the original wheels and caps the more i hope a magazine will run an article with a stock Tiger. Artciles almosts always have a car on minilites (or other alloys), hotted motor, aftermarket steering wheel etc... I think a road test back to back between a stock car and a lightly modified one would be great.. the stock car just has so much charm.