Looking for a Tiger

FrankS

Silver forum user
Had three Tigers, tried the Porsche 356 gig got out of that boring thing, and got my head screwed back on straight and want another Tiger.. Looking for a good car no junk preferably a nut & bolt rotisserie job...I'm in So. Cal, and probably one of Dales best customers:) Thanks for the help.

Cal44

Gold forum user
Did you look at the Tiger in the for sale section? CJ Richards has it for sale. Third ad down. No affiliation.

Yes, 356's are boring.

johnnydarkgt350

Bronze forum user
the right tiger

hi Frank; might be talked into my concours b9471424; dales did chassis and suspensions and tigers lord rootes winner Gary Haslip did the finalizing; it is stunning; we recorded the full assembly on a cd; has original 260 in a crate and now with a 1964 289 5 bolt; done to highest standards? ; forest green; jim

johnnydarkgt350

Bronze forum user
tiger b9471424

trying to upload some pictures i have stored in the "my pictures" part of my computer of my 1965 mark1 in forest green restored to highest standards; thanks Jim Wahl
ok so it was used in a model shoot last year; no ribbing please!

P S. of course just in case anybody would like to see my new Grandson Nathan in his first flight in his green flying saucer i included it also; he landed without incident [no grandchildren were harmed in this flight] [ born on groundhog day 2 /11/11]

Last edited:

johnnydarkgt350

Bronze forum user
as requested more pictures of Tiger b9471424

My era was vacuum tubes and transistor radios; so uploading pictures are a learning curve; hope these help; thanks Jim

Cal44

Gold forum user
Location?
Price?
Tac'd?
Nice Car. I am weak in the knees over the green ones.

Mike

johnnydarkgt350

Bronze forum user
65 tiger mark 1 b9471424

thanks for the good word about Tigerrr ! i would be ok @ 60 k $ and she is TAC" d and i do have an enclosed trailer for it if it needs to be transported; it's in my heated shop near coeur d alene idaho!
Let me know if you want more info on it; thanks jim; ps it is a rocket with solid lifters!!!

FrankS

Silver forum user
interested

First off thank you for the reply. Now some questions as I am interested, who did the body and paint, when was the car finished, do you have any specs as these cars are modified to all differnt levels, and can I get your name so I can jog Dales memory. And again thank you so much for the repsonse. oh any photos of body pre paint?

AHudson777

Silver forum user
Also still in the hunt here. It is so great that you folks have helped me so much. I've learned a ton (lots more to go!) and it's been fun.

I can now at least quantify my 'best candidate' for purchase as an authenticated Tiger that is -

1. An original color car.
2. No white (sorry, totally personal reasons)
3. No existing rust; obviously correctly repaired is okay.
4. Cooling mods, engine mods fine.
5. Body mods (wheel arch cuts, valance cuts, etc) not fine
6. Would love a hardtop, not required

I'd go for a strong driver #3 quality, or stretch to a 1.5 quality car. Accordingly, I've adjusted my price range. It'd be "25 and up", with the 'up' being of commensurate quality to the range.

I'm very interested to hear what's out there. If not for me, I promise to pass it along to help you, the cause, the enthusiasm.

Thanks,