Update Gauges..Yes or No?

Ford_Crazy

Bronze forum user
I recently bought a decent Tiger in boxes. All the parts are there including the Smith gauges and original wiring harness. I'm not into 260s and am planning to upgrade the drive train to a 302/T5. I'll keep the original motor and toploader for the future owners. I'm thinking about installing all new Auto Meter gauges. I don't want to do anything that will devalue the car long term. Should I install the old gauges or go with the upgrade? How about changing from the original color (red)? I realize some people don't want any modifications from stock. That's just not me. Thanks!

Cal44

Gold forum user
You made it over. Welcome. I'm not into color changes or autometer, but that's me. There are ways to keep it looking close to original and moding them. Take your time and look to some of these guys for guidance, they know a lot. Spend a boat load of time looking at pictures. Don't turn it into a '68 Camaro....................

Mike

Ford_Crazy

Bronze forum user
Thanks for the input. I've got a long way to go on this project. Just looking at all the parts in boxes is a hoot. A friend is making a rotisserie for me so I can get this thing cleaned up on the bottom. I'll be posting my progress and I'm sure I'll need a lot of help. Stock look outside and modified drive train is my favorite. :)

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
the fun of it all

Been playing with Tigers since they first fell off the boat. Although we've built some crazy customer creations over the years, my personal pref is to keep it original. But then, it's a hobby, so enjoy it. Ask us Q's when you want to. There's quite a collection of opinions offered here & there. Welcome to the illness. randy W
PS & FYI: Never power a stock Tiger in a snug corner at speed. Seek devine assistance first.