When will I learn.....?

Cal44

Gold forum user
not to make snap judgement/knee "jerk" reactions. I had the local gear boys install a posi in the Dana. Got it back, preformed my magic with Por-15 and the other stuff (rust color) and installed it. Took it out and there was howling.....darn....

Here is where I am a fool. Instead of investigating where the noise was coming from I "ass-umed" it was the Dana improperly shimmed. Wrong.

Turns out, after the gear boys examined it on the hoist, the top loader is making the un-holy "exorcist" bearing noises............

I didn't hear it before because the old exhaust was loud and I installed a dandy new SS stainless which was much more quiet.

I wonder how long the top loader would last before it grenades? It shifts perfect and doesn't jump out of any gear.

Just confessing...............better now.

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
The toploader seems plenty tough. When I seperated the box from the engine on my Tiger I discovered there was no spigot bush. I had the box checked over and all it needed was new bearings and seals. I had been driving it around like this and never felt or heard a thing.