Tiger List Status

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello All

I was just wondering if anybody has any definitive word on the Tiger List? I know it has been down since mid-May...but will we ever see it again? Do subscibers need to do anything to get back on the list?

I know I miss it.

Jim

Cal44

Gold forum user
I hope it never comes back.

It was antiquated and it allowed an off shoot that many did not get to enjoy for the rest of the Tiger world. Was it first?, sure it was......but that was then.

I want this website too be "the website" for Tiger talk. At least I can post pictures of my tired Tig..................

The always shellfish........
Mike

segrave

Gold forum user
Staff member
CAT Member
It was an email exchange group to pass information amoung Tiger owners. If you belonged to the group you would get every email that anyone sent to the group. It was invaluable to me and many Tiger owners. It was not as good a method of information exchange as this is. Just imagine every post here was a seperate email, and went to everyones computer, kind of cumbersome to manage, also there was no picture attachment unless you uploaded pictures to a third party location, even then there seemed to often be problems with links being properly passed.

Not insulting it at all, when it started it was the best available method but times change.

Steve

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The list is still running, though the server is still having issues. Many people seemed to have got booted off and some have to re-sign several times. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. If you were on the list and have not recieved anyhting since May, try signing up to it again.

That said, the forum is a better place for the discussion of our cars for several technical reasons.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
tiger260, since I do not see a response to your question, I thought I would pass along a link to you.
Check out www.team.net/mharc/archives/html/tigers/ to see what the list is all about. Participants send inquiries and responses to a central mailbox and the emails are broadcast to other participants' computers as they occur. So they do not have to log into a site to see if anything new has been raised. The emails are then posted to this archive site with some delay for anyone to see and search.
I for one have found the participants very knowledgable, and a number of CAT Forum members also seem to participate. Cheers, Gene

Last edited:

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Receive Notice of Forum Posts? yes

FYI Forum Members can subscribe to E-mail notices of new posts in Forums they choose.

Example open the GD Forum list of threads. You must be logged in of course. Look for "Forum Tools" on the right under "Page 1 of 17" and above "Last Post".

Open Forum tools and "Subscribe". You will then receive E-mails when new threads or posts occur. (Not instantly but once a day?)

Rick