Tiger in Tahoe 7/6/11

AHudson777

Silver forum user
Pretty good looking find. Like the wheels, hardtop, 'potential' for less rust given location. Sounds like long term owner, confident in the car's ability. Price pretty attractive, and a great original color (#58 blue) though in need.

Best wishes on your search. I'm in the hunt too! Came across a BRG in Phoenix last night, titled a 67 but a late Mk 1a. Needs everything, but runs, drives, no rust, all there. Low 20's.

Cal44

Gold forum user
http://bringatrailer.com/2009/10/05/built-to-drive-1966-sunbeam-tiger/

I talked to the fellow a length. Nice guy and a little under the weather health wise.

There have been mods done to the car. Depending on where you live a personal view is advised with a magnate gauge to check for filler depth. It has been for sale for some time.......as in several years.

If confirmed a real Tig and wiggle room in price I think you might be O.K.

Or not...............
I'm just too lazy to fly up to Reno and drive to the lake.
Mike

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I looked at this car 2 times--ended up buying it. I have owned 4 Tigers and took a long time Tiger owner with me to check it out, actually a solid car. The only real body filler issues are in the lt rocker area, but I have a good friend with a body shop and it should be pretty easy to take it off (the body filer) and massage the sheet metal back in shape. There was wiggle room with the price and he had quite a stash of spare parts. Has a solid lifter 289 that runs very nicely and runs cool with the aluminum radiator purchased at Dales. All mechanics have been gone through as the owner ran a machine shop and loved to tinker. The left door has no rust (as the rest of the car) and looks better in person than in the pics.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I looked at this car 2 times--ended up buying it.

It's always the second visit thats the costly one :p .. be nice to see some good pics of the car.. the ones in the ads were always very distant and lacking in detail.

Cal44

Gold forum user
Cobrakidz,

congrats. If I remember correctly the fellows name was Harry? Nice guy. Yes pix please. How far did you need to travel to see the car? I am happy someone bought it...........now I can put it out of my mind.

I don't see the longitudinals as a big deal................if anyone has done 914's you will know of what I speak.

Mike

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
914's !

Not that the 914 belongs on this site (or anywhere) but I have seen the results of owning one in the salted Nor' east. Training wheels in the middle would have helped . . . . . . . . .

Cal44

Gold forum user
914's............I picked the worse case I could think of. Triple layer steel sheets (thin) that rust at the drop of a tear............a thousand miles away.
Don't ask how I know.

Longs on a Sunbeam would seem be much easier. Just a guess.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I am in the Sacramento area---so about 2 hours each way. I will get some pics taken today and post--it's nice to own a Tiger again. My last one I sold to Carroll Shelby back in 2003 for his wife Cleo--that car I really miss.