Sunbeams in W. A.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Got this recently from CAT Member John

Hi Rick,

IIRC several years ago I had promised to forward some photo's of our lot here in Perth Western Australia.
These are from an all British car day in the country town of Gin Gin ,which is about an hours drive from Perth.
Always a great turnout of cars but I will just focus on tigers for now.

The embassy black mk1 is fresh from a nut and bolt resto and you sure could eat your dinner off that engine!

Both the green and white tigers are hrofe and the latter has had a life in the U.S.Last but not least ,my left hooker mk2 feels rather normal to drive in a right hand drive dominated country and will one day no doubt earn its stripes.

There are many more photo's including local alpines and rapiers. I will post them when I have nutted out how to post pictures on the forum.I am sure its simple but for now I am taking the easy road. (Glad to help)

Life is always brighter in a sunbeam.... Which is kinda odd considering the sparks are by Lucas who is the prince of darkness.Does this balance or cancel things out?Now I am just talking s#!t.

Best Wishes and Happy Tigering !

John Braye.

P.S. This is not the total of Perth W.A. tigers,there are several other fine examples and a few awaiting restoration.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
More from JB

Help us with a caption for that box of produce. Not "haul'n bananas".

And did somebody steel a radiator cap?

Rick

steven

Gold forum user
Not haulin bananas, cruising with carrot's. Now if the carrots were black/orange striped then they would be ok in the Tiger.:D

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The white tiger with the VIC rego looks familiar.. its not Anthony Robbinson's by any chance?

The black MKI looks to have MKII trims on it (though they seem a bit thinner in the photos) nice looking collection from the sun downer state.

tiger j

Bronze forum user
white tiger

Yes Michael,you are correct.The white tiger is indeed Anthony Robinson's machine from VIC.
Must be a tag team thing going on, because one has just recently sold here in Perth and has headed over to your side of OZ.

Regards.

John.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
John,

I remember when Anthony (and his dad) bought the car in the mid-late 90's. Anthony had a lake blue SII alpine (in bond spec) He moved to WA a while ago.. last time i saw the tiger was a few years back with his dad and he said that Anthony was looking to take it over west. Would be nice to see it back here, also nice to have some of the younger sunbeam members around :)