opposite car

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well.. it had new konis... they ae probably rusted dolid now too. On the upside it has a hardtop on it, and if it hasnt been siting in long grass or had things touching the underside the X brace and the floors may be salavagable... but the car looks quite sorry do i wouldnt bet on it.

I wonder how bad it was when parked?... he says he has had a tarp on it... but i gather it hasnt been covered well and they certainly havet let it air out often... his medical condition may force the sale.. but he certainly wasnt making his project any easier.. hopefully someone will take the project on.

Cal44

Gold forum user
Leaving the owner (clown) in the Mojave during the summer would be my form of justice................what on earth gets into people...............
Since this is a family website I will leave it at that.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Here is the message I sent the seller, I could not help myself -

"It is a very sad thing that you let an operational car deteriorate to this condition. A tarp....really?? You should be ashamed of yourself for slowly killing this Tiger. BTW – it’s a 1965 not a 1966. You could at least get the year right.

Duke – proud owner of a 1966 Tiger that was not neglected."

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Duke,

Did you REALLY send that? :p

We have a TAC group.. i guess you are the new head (founder?) of the TPC group (Tiger Protection Coalition)

FrankS

Silver forum user
Charity work

I'm going to have my lawyer and accountant meet and see if I can start a charitable foundation ! We will call it Tiger Protection Coalition, we will make this car out poster child! I swear if the owner will give me the pink slip and pay for the shipping to Dale in six years it will look stunning....We have the technology, I've seen guys spend $75K on a rust bucket 356 that looks worse than this Tiger.

AHudson777

Silver forum user
Long-idled dreams are sadly, nothing new. The guy said he had health problems. Hard to say whether they'd been long-term debilitating and this car represented something to keep his hopes for mutual recovery alive. We just never know.

Car is truly in sad, sad shape. Not much appearing salvagable, but the HT is nice bonus. Hopefully the car (or some of it anyway) lands in more appreciative hands.

steven

Gold forum user
It is such a shame to see it in that condition. I recently saw a mark 2 for sale in Australia, the guy wanted $40k for it and it was as badly rusted as this one. I sent an email telling him he was extremly hopfull for $40k. On another point, I have just received all the body panels needed for a full restore if x member and subframes/floors were good. I needed a right side front, rear fender and door for my rebuild and the guy came good in fact very good. I received 4 fenders, 3 doors, hood, trunk and windscreen in the container with the car. Been busy today wraping them with plastic and putting them up in the roof of the shed untill needed.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steven where was the MKII you saw for sale here.. was it a green one in victoria by chance?

tiger260

Gold forum user
Here is the message I sent the seller, I could not help myself -

"It is a very sad thing that you let an operational car deteriorate to this condition. A tarp....really?? You should be ashamed of yourself for slowly killing this Tiger. BTW – it’s a 1965 not a 1966. You could at least get the year right.

Duke – proud owner of a 1966 Tiger that was not neglected."

I sincerely hope you didn't send that.

FrankS

Silver forum user
On the road again

This car is up to almost $4K now, and someone could take this car if original and look for a doner Alpine and patch together a car, it's been done numerous times before, this car will see the road again my guess is and that is all that really matters. I've seen guys buy 69 Camaro rust buckets just for the Vin....