Spotted in Santa Barbara - intervention needed.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
A friend of sent me these pics with this "It's a 1965 with the original 260. And this was a stunning example (truly). Sounded good. Didn't seem to run that bad either. But this poor car has seen much better days. The owner told me he has had it for 40 years. I only got to speak to him for a moment so I didn't get to ask why he hadn't taken better care of it. "

1.jpg

2.jpg

3fixed.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Is this guy a CAT member?

Cal44

Gold forum user
I would laugh................instead?............

It would be funny if it was a Rambler or a Corvair..............but this is heart breaking.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well, at least the guy is still using the car.. and what looks like a regular manner. I would worry about the rust in the sills, cant tell if the front guard has bog peeling out or if the paint is just lifting in a way that looks like that.

There is a guy near me who drives a 356C porsche around daily, car has paint peeling off all over and worn through in parts.. but mechanically its on the button and he drives it and enjoys it daily.. looks a bit more presentable than this.. but same approach.. mechanically perfect and guy enjoys driving it.. not showing it.

Each to their own.. and i have much more repsect for someone like this who has owned it (and looks to have continuously driven it) from new.. than people who let them rot in the back yard.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Slightly used but loved

Living proof of percussion maintenance. Another one I would like to take into the shop for a rescue.

FrankS

Silver forum user
Classic

The patina exudes elegance beyond it's year, a vertible terror of the junk yard, this Tiger unwittingly beckons respect...Sorry just turned off Antique Road Show:)