B382002357 is back on ebay

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
check thread from last week:
http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=753

where the tiger was for sale with buy it now of 28,500 in Skippack, PA
$(KGrHqUOKi8E4MSf,sTGBOLLgyPs5Q~~_12.JPG

seems the buy it now price caught the eye of a dealer in Milan, NY and nice that they are splitting the wheels into a seperate auction and i gather the rollbar they have removed will come up for sale soon too. I love how they are now trying to imply some sort of history and the spin they put on it... wonder how much they are expecting for the wheels.. not sure what tax and transfer fees are in the states, and how much it cost to move the car. but they are not going to make much are they? Or did they buy it expecting it to be better and now are just tryign to flip it really fast?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...5016746?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cf8ffa02a

$(KGrHqUOKiUE4ssnw,5rBOMzv)n9Hw~~0_12.JPG

wheels:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PS-E...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf8ff6b84

$(KGrHqQOKjwE4HL)GejrBOMyult0)!~~0_12.JPG

Cal44

Gold forum user
I'm baffled. He buys the car for $28.5 and now wants to sell for $30K?

Takes off the PS wheels and wants to sell separately.............

Puts on wheels that look worse all to make a few dollars more?

Hardly seems worth the effort.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm guessing he thought the car may have been better than it is, and is now splitting stuff up and trying to flick it quick. As i said on the original post, would have been nice to see better shots under the car and then there is the VIN "screws" maybe he took a punt figuring it was a high $30K's car.. but it is what it is.. and so he is splitting up the parts to make a few extra $ an recover costs... still no pics of the hardtop.

At least he is posting pics of the underside that show some of the issues.

FrankS

Silver forum user
louvers?

Forget about the rims do you really have louvers on the back window of your hard top? Please send a photo I've never seen that before.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
FrankS (Simms, perhaps?)- The back window treatment was done by the previous owner...it's not louvers, but blacked out areas on the window. Perhaps he was going for a 'Tiger Stripe' look! How's the hunt going? Kirk.

Cal44

Gold forum user
Kirk,

Poor choice of words on my part. I should have stated different wheels, not worse. I (again) wasn't thinking before engaging my fingers...............

Mike

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tangent alert- I've had a lot of positive comments on the Appliance rims. With the (fake) knock- offs they look kind of Italian. I like the 'spider web' design of these rims. I've actually seen them on 2 other Tigers, which was a little surprising since it looked like they were drilled out to fit the Tiger (they came on the car when I bought it). The offset isn't quite right for a Tiger, but I run 185/60's in the front and 205/60's in the back without any rubbing or modifications. One last diversion...when Rick Titus first saw my Tiger back in the late 80's or early 90's (we both lived in Tehachapi at the time) he said, "Those are really cool wheels- I'm so tired of seeing Panasports or Minilites on Tigers!" Please, no hate mail from the Panasport or Minilite crowd- I really like them on a Tiger:)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have to vote with you on the monotony of the minilite style wheel.. people these days would think they came stock on sunbeams (or almost any 60's sports car) Tey do look good, and have a great period feel, but because they were largely the only style of repro wheel for the last decade + familiarity breeds contempt.. think: panasport, minilite, superlite, GB, compomotive, rota, ROH, contessa and more...

I'm really happy to see the halibrand, american libre, brm and other styles now becoming available.. variety adds interest!

FrankS

Silver forum user
Interesting situation

This is strange to figure out, buy it flip, it make little to no money sounds like something I would do:) And to answer the question on my Tiger hunting I bought B9471424, Tac# 0634, not my first pick in color (green) but a very well done car, with body and chassis by Dale and all other work done by some great Tiger officianattos, I would list the names of the great people who helped on the car but I don't have the spelling in front of me. I don't have possession yet but soon then the fun begins:)

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I still have a set of new traction bars I bought back in the early 90's--guess I had better dig them out.

AHudson777

Silver forum user
This is strange to figure out, buy it flip, it make little to no money sounds like something I would do:) And to answer the question on my Tiger hunting I bought B9471424, Tac# 0634, not my first pick in color (green) but a very well done car, with body and chassis by Dale and all other work done by some great Tiger officianattos, I would list the names of the great people who helped on the car but I don't have the spelling in front of me. I don't have possession yet but soon then the fun begins:)

Congratulations Frank! That's great news. Is this the Minnesota based car? Would love to hear details, see required photos, all that!