B382002357 back on ebay PT03

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
OK,

So we are back on ebay again, now we have buy it now at 28,500.. which is what he bought it for last time.. i guess if he sells the radiator, wheels and traction bars he might make even?

we also have a bit more disclosure about some of the problems of the car, and i assume some people emailed him in the previous auction to point out some things he may not know.

some of the electrics do not function currently such as the wipers and the heater fan. This of course, will bring out all the discussions of the Prince of Darkness. The wiring however looks quite nice, appears to have not been modified as is often the case so the problems might just be a fuse, I simply haven't looked

In the interest of full disclosure and in order to keep my 100% feedback of which I am rather proud, I must in good faith disclose some problems I have discovered. Although, as mentioned, the car does not appear to have had any significant rust issues the underside of the car in a few areas has had some metal work done, patches and the like. Frame rails look very solid with a little typical repair around the exhaust pass through but there are some areas which have been repaired, possibly because of accident or curb damage.

I'd say the dealer thought it was a cheap car which he could flip for a tidy profit.. always pays to look under these cars.. and to know your tigers..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...7960796?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cf92c8c5c

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
As for the hood scoop orientation critique, I gather they were trying to take advantage of the high pressure area that builds up on the windshield to force feed the carb at speed. I understand it is, or was, a common practice on the Nascar circuit. It would be interesting to see with some little threads attached over the opening if it is working. Might be a little too far from the windshield to get the full effect.

cmjr1966

Bronze forum user
Wheels

Not sure what he needs to get square, I just bought the wheels/tires/KO's for 615.00.

Cal44

Gold forum user
cmjr1966..............

you better watch out for the cops...............cuz you stole dem wheels.

PS retail is $375.00 ..........for one

Mike

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not sure what he needs to get square, I just bought the wheels/tires/KO's for 615.00.

Well done on those.. just make sure you dont get stung hard on shipping if he is trying to make up some cash.

The other thing is check the age of the tyres, they will have a date of MFG on them, if they are more than 5 years old junk them, the rubber will be hard. To many people with classics replace tyres on millage not age, the rubber goes hard and they dont wear much.. but their effectiveness and grip is long gone.

cmjr1966

Bronze forum user
PS wheels

Doing a UPS call tag, actually it was his idea. Yea, on the tires unless their current their not much good. The pics on "tell your story" of my car I just brought out of storage, those tires are new and 16 years old. I mounted them on the Minilites so I could move the car. Guy that mounted them thought I was crazy when I told him not to balance them. I've also got the same set of wheels(PSE), new but with a 4.5" backspace. They were bought back in '94 when they were running around 190.00ea. Frankly I didn't think the bid would stand up, guess I'll have to snag another car now. :D