B382000391LRXFE now on ebay - again

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Having a look at my records.. i am incorrect.. this is not the same car.. this car was however advertised on the boards and lists a short time back.

ex-owner (i assume now its at a dealer?) was a well known lister

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This was the car sold this past August at Russo & Steele. Sold AROUND $42K PLUS THE 10% buyers premium. See : http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector-car/1966-Sunbeam-Tiger/9851

Thought it was a very good buy...guess someboddy else did too and is trying a flip. I don't believe they were unhappy with it as it was a beautiful job.

Hmm.. so i guess my original post was right.. thought the aircleaner looked liek one on a similar car for sale.. i guess someone has added a rapier fastback/stiletto/MKII script to the aircleaner in the couple of weeks since the auction.

I do wonder why the original owner was selling.. maybe financial constraints.. seems a pitty after investing os much into the car.. and randy seemed to indicate it had been a very extensive and intensive resto.

oh well..

Growler

Gold forum user
My brother met with the owner/seller of the auctioned car and he owns a shop and does a car a year (not clear if it is always a Sunbeam) for sale. FYI he had that air cleaner on at the auction...guess there may be others out there with the same idea

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My brother met with the owner/seller of the auctioned car and he owns a shop and does a car a year (not clear if it is always a Sunbeam) for sale. FYI he had that air cleaner on at the auction...guess there may be others out there with the same idea

i think in the auction photos the cleaner housing is a blank plate without the script.. so maybe it has been added since:
37841-large.jpg

Mg_80.jpg

cmjr1966

Bronze forum user
How much of a bath?

Having paid for a couple of Roto Resto's in the past on Gen1 Camaros, and having learned a painful lesson, how much of a bath did the guy paying for the resto take on this? Considering what the donor car was worth, the cost of a proper and quality resto, all in........how much of a beating did the owner(that footed the cost of the resto) take? When I added up "everything" on my '69 Camaro, it took my breath away and I was stump broken....the hard way! Add it up, complete donor cars with serious rust are going for 10-15K, factor in 53K for the selling price. Can you get a resto like this for say....38K?

Cal44

Gold forum user
This will be interesting. The dealer that is attempting to flip this car and make money is smarter than the car buyers at the Monterey auction?

Yes, the car was well bought at 48K considering a complete strip and build. But..........everything is down.

My beloved Boss 302's can be purchased for considerably less than three years ago.............Tigers are no different.