Sunbeam Tiger Models

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting to see the ebay seller charging a nie premium over buying from the manufacturer... think know where i would buy. Would be nice to see a picture of a prototype model though,

As for K&R replicas.. its nice they do the models.. just wish the proportions were a bit better.. lots of nice details.. LAT wheels, decals they also do early series cars and made some replicas of the SCF 74 alpine.. but same issues.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
CAT Parts has a Tiger model kit too.

PART # m 20 tiger model, 1/25th scale $17.00

This is the AMT ERTL Blueprinter Series model. (Not in production anymore?) Requires painting as they are grey plastic with chrome bits and black tires. Top? none as I recall. IIRC?

Rick

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Update from Automodello™

From James at Automodello below FYI:

Hello Rick,

A lot has happened in the last week on this project. We are trying to have the Tigers ready for this year's west coast event as I also have talked with John Stithem and via email with Patrick King.

We have 3 Tiger Mark 1 planned:

AM-SUN-TIG-RD is red with removable hardtop. Build of 999 at $95.

AM-SUN-TIG-BR is British Racing Green with removable hardtop. Build to be determined at $95.

AM-SUN-TIG-HE is the Homage Edition in Black with removable hardtop and tan interior. Build of 24 hand-numbered units at $235.

The Homage Edition began with the TVR M-Series as a run of 17 units in Black with tan interior. This edition sold out in two weeks from the release date. Homage Edition is always black with tan interior. For the upcoming Intermeccanica Italia we increased the build to 24 and this is where it will stay.

Pre-orders are accepted on www.diecasm.com website. (Not Affiliated w/ CAT)

Obviously we are shooting for delivery to coincide with the Reno meet. If that can't be accomplished, then will have a sample set air-shipped to the meet.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,
Jim

James Cowen
Automodello™