Question about Tiger Value

copescobra

New forum user
I bought a 65 Tiger and have just found out that it has an Alpine Front end and not a Tiger Front End. If I paid over $50,000 for it as all original and "non-problematic" just wondering how much less it is actually worth? I plan to hold Dealer accountable and need to know what my damages are for it not being
correct...used incorrect parts. Any input would be appreciated. thank you in advance....

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well, the first thingto do is establish what you have? Is the car a Tiger with some alpine parts, or an alpine converted into a Tiger?

Where are you located, maybe run the car through the TAC program.

You say alpine front end? as in it has an alpine cross member in it? have they adapted it to tiger spec.. perhaps the original was to cracked/damaged and has been replaced with a modified alpine cross member?

Do you mean it has an alpine front clip on it? as in sheet metal.. this is not uncomon for tigers that have been hit.. but there are differences.. and also the early and late alpien ones are different to..

pictures of the car would help.

Cal44

Gold forum user
Michael is right..............let's take the Cat out of the bag and see what the Cat looks like.

There are some real savvy guys here so detailed pix is in your best interest.

Mike

tiger260

Gold forum user
What have you identified as Alpine rather than Tiger?

What's the difference between the 2 cross members?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
ID & Value

From a personal standpoint, the only truely valuable auto would be an unmolested original. Anything else is, by point of fact, a project car and worth less. Some expertly repaired/restored Tigers are (costly) works of art & love, but not original; therefore the value is subjective & opinion.
To help with your issue; first start with the 5 basic ID #'s and we'll all contribute noise from that point.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Is it the exterior sheetmetal or the inner fenders too? What makes you think it's Alpine? I know there are a few Tigers up this way that have Alpine parts but are still TACed as Tigers---so I am not sure where they draw the line.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
TIGER VALUES

The big question is "WHAT is a Tiger?"
Some months ago there was a Tiger listed on Craigs list in southern Iowa that was identified on this forum as having a Alpine rear clip repair.
What's it worth?

Last edited:

Cal44

Gold forum user
While waiting for the original poster to bring forward pictures.....(tapping my foot original poster).

Doc,

Is the car you are referring too green in color? By the son of a deceased man?

Mike

chirodoc

Gold forum user
TO CAL44: Yes a green car!
TO TIGER260 : A rear clip is when you cut the damaged vehicle in half through the rocker panels and then graft on a good back half from a donor vehicle. When properly done it is done on a frame machine or a jig as in NASCAR.
For the record any repaired car from southern iowa , northern Missouri, or Alabama would be suspect because of lax or non existant rebuilder laws. The Cobra registry many years ago found out it had multiple entrys with the same CSX serial number.

Last edited:

Cal44

Gold forum user
Doc,

I did a bunch o' home work on that one. He sent pix.......ahhhh.....hmmm....let's just say the ask was
not realistic. I reckon it needed 30K +/- in American greenbacks.

Also the "Tiger Guru" knows about the car.........nuff said from my end