Carolina Motorsports Park Track Event! Nov. 12th

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Many of us have been to this event the last few years and it is a lot of fun! I hope y'all can join us and bring a Sunbeam too. I will be glad to meet up with anyone at the Hardees located at I-20 and Highway 601 (Lugoff exit) at 9 AM that morning and lead them via backroads to the track-it is about 30 miles Northeast of Columbia.
Thanks
Eric

2011 4th Annual British Invasion at CMP

When: Saturday November 12th, 2011

Where: Carolina Motorsports Park
Kershaw, SC
www.carolinamotorsportspark.com

Time: 10:00am, track lapping sessions will begin about noon

This is our fourth time to do this, it is really a laid back event, we get together kick tires, talk cars, and then get to take our cars onto CMP's 2 mile road course for spirited lapping sessions, we do (2) 20 minutes sessions during the lunch time, there will be a Turn 1 track day going on that day as normal, so you can check out folks doing lapping/track days. They charge you a small gate fee to get in the track, I think it is $10, which is what any spectator is charged, the lapping sessions are free. I'm the driving instructor, and will hold a brief drivers meeting and then we go out, this is not parade laps, we try to not be too crazy and hold speeds down on the straights, but attack the corner as fast as you feel comfortable, and the passing of slower cars on the straights is allowed, as long as great care and courtesy is granted the over taken driver. This is a rare deal, most road course do not allow convertibles on course without roll cages and helmets, and we don't have to have neither, you can even have a passenger. Everyone who has done this has had a ball, any of you are welcome to join. Some of us spend the night on Friday, and normally stay at the Colony Inn in Camden, if you make reservations there, be sure to tell them you are with the CMP bunch for a nice discount on your room. The colony has a nice resturant opend for Breakfast there on the same property as the hotel.

There are track food concessions, nice clean restrooms, even shower and changing rooms at the track if needed. Children, pets are welcomed as well.

This year we also we will be having a few extra cool things. I'll be doing the full test day in my new MGB vintage race car, it will also be doing the British Invasion CMP lapping session, possibly as a pace car, I'm letting one of my best friends ever, drive it during that time, he has helpd me so much over the years, and want him to experience getting to drive that car. Also I have my recently finished my 1967 MGB GT street car there with it's new 1900cc performacne Acme Speed Shop engine and T9 5 speed tranny kit, and new 15x6 VTO Retro 4 wheels, so lots of cool stuff and that car getting to lapping session as well with it's new owner.

For event info, call Hap Waldrop at 864-370-300 or email hapwaldropacmespeedshop.com