SCARY COSTS !!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The recent E-Bay sales of MK II wheel well trims was just flat unbelievable. I know that my age is relative to the issues, but when I consider that the 6 piece set I have in the attic would auction for nearly twice what our Tiger cost new, it's just nuts . . . . . . . . .

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
When you look at current MKII prices vs what they cost new maybe it is the same ratio? I spoke last week with a MKII owner looking for just one piece of wheel well trim to finish his car ( the trims for sale on eBay were not the one he needed though). I know I would pay a lot for that one missing part knowing that not many ever come up for sale. Nearly 20 years ago I sold a set of 4 wheel well moldings and the two rocker panel trims for nearly $2000. That is how rare they were then.

Warren

Gold forum user
Not just scary cause it is October

Exactly why a homeowners insurance excludes car parts specifically. We would like to think the computer has made things more easily found but it just adds to speculation even in car parts, a futures market of sorts.

Despite the mileage restrictions on the classic car insurance they do offer coverage for your nest egg of parts, good as gold almost.

Luckily vermin don't eat metal parts. They look quite safe there unless the cable guy or a tradesman tromps em when traversing your attic.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I dont thin kthe price was that surprising.. in the past the arch trims have gone for the 1K bracket a wheel.. i guess the difference now.. is that back then our $ was about 40% less than now.. so comparatively they look reasonable now if you were buying them from down here. Thats one of the reasons someone here started repro'ing them a few years ago. It takes some effort.. but the moulds on the arches shared their profile with another car.

either way.. selling individual ones will send a high price.. liek eric said.. if you are missing just that one.. and so is another person... its going to get pricey.

slypops

Gold forum user
Good thing...

Good thing I have a MkI.......

Well after bidding up to 500.00 for an air cleaner on Ebay, and then seeing it go over 1600.00 I guess I'm glad I purchased a Mark I as well. :rolleyes: Thank goodness it's well sorted mechanically!

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Years ago I had 4 (or so, it's been a long time) Alpine parts cars, I should have picked them clean before I got rid of them. I called all my Sunbeam friends and told them to come get what they wanted, wish I could go back and take off all the trim pieces.

davester

Bronze forum user
re MKII trim

So what did they go for on Ebay? Couldn't find a link.

Thanks
David Gilmore