Tiger for sale 10/22/11

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This one made me laugh a little.. "this car has an indicated mileage of 7,928, and while that's hard to believe, the condition of the car is impeccable, with no cracks in the dash or seats, the motor is clean and sports chrome accents"

Lets see.. the dash is not original (and an unsual grain).. that might explain the lack of cracks, the seats have been retrimed as they should be the split backrest tyoe and are not.. the car is code 86.. but it aint forest green, the boot floor has been replaced at least as the spare tyre holdown is gone, as are the tool clips.. there are not loops for the false floor brackts on the vertical face in the trunk, i cant see the metal tabs for the battery securing hooks on the side rail... so at the minimum we are talking about a car that has had some reasonably extensive work on the rear for some reason.. as for all the chrome detailing in the engine bay (scuttle braces, shroud, header tank etc... well thats personal preference.. but far from original...

id say the seller has little knowledge of the cars and is over reaching..

As for claims "a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger whose numbers have been authenticated by the Sunbeam owners club" what does that mean.. are we talking TAC? Or that somene has confirmed that the engine and chassis and body numbers match what they should.. which means that the sticker ont he rocker cover and the tags on the car are all originally from 1 car... no claim to linage

Warren

Gold forum user
Ebay Tigre

How about the Cali. black plate in the front, and the dealer plate in the back. Not sure but most states say you have to have the same one in the front as in the back, especially Cali. Oregon probably too, even though they may not have red light cameras there.

The indicated mileage, ha ha, remember in the movie "Natn'l Lampoon Animal house," the sneeze of ahhhhhahhhhhahhhhbullshi_! from the crowd.

After 7900ish mile the PO had to stuff in a 5 speed and paint it resale red. fill the engine bay with chrome and have the upholstery shop pipe the seats in red, not quite lipstick on the proverbial pig but come on. This week I saw 5 cars all red being cited freeway, surface street, and in my hood. Back in the day of traffic school the instructor asked for hands up if you were driving a red car when cited, over 1/3.

In reality I think buyers bid then when they get to the car for pick up reneg and or work the price down. Ebay makes dough if it doesn't make reserve or if it does with final value.

The Ebay reserve charge is probably equal to 7 dollars for each 5,000 of reserve. A calculated guess on my part as I listed a Fiat 850 for my pal. With that guess under 40 bucks to spam the planet, they make an out of ebay deal if the car sells or if it doesn't

Probably less expensive then an ad in Hemmings for the seller. All is fair in love war and used cars, and someone has had their way with her it shows.
Anyone who really wants to sell a car uses a picture hosting site and shoots the undercarrige

To be fair my car had PO greasy fingers and the questionable taste of a PO too, and it is taking time to get his greasy prints off her.

Warren in So Cal

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tiger

it sounds like michael doesn't like the car. here in ohio you can put the mileage showing on the speedo on the title if you brought it in from another state.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Questions Anyone ?

I E-mailed for data and numbers info; no answer. TAC ? The dash is Formica for gosh sake, looks good. The MK 2B brake booster is assembled with some MK 2 A pieces. I do remember that a buddy from the 60's had a Bronze early Tigger with matching piping. Back then we were all too broke to afford upgrading, so it must have come that way . . . . .It is a clean looking sidewalk troller fer sure.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tiger

i noticed that the dash appears to be almost the same formica used on the harrington lemans.

Warren

Gold forum user
Feedback of seller

Check it out a feedback report saying "have a private inspection,after all they are car salesman"
There are a couple of different names on the previous listings as well different salesmen under one e bay seller. I would suspect this is a violation of e bay policy but they do not police their own back yard.

Up to 35,000 whoa, I did not think it was that pretty.

tgrrr

Silver forum user
Selling thru Monte Shelton's dealership in Portland.
Tough finding any bargains there.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's TAC'd

Got a reply and it has a TAC #. Also told me that the HEHE tranny is gone so it's no longer a matching number item. But it still is a decent looking workin' girl just the same. . . . . .If she played her cards right, I could step out of retirement for a bit.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
OK... now not to cast dispersions about used car dealers.... but the last few Tigers appearing through dealers on ebay have all been bid up very high, yet failed to make reserve...

This car is now over 45K.. and not past its reserve, so either they are looking for way more than the current going rate for a car in this condition, or there is some unusual bidding going on... :confused:

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tiger

michael,
it's possible that after the auction is over and reserve has not been met, then they will contact the high bidder and sell it to them without having to pay the ebay fees. after all, the bidder was ok with his bid or he wouldn't have made the bid. the fees would be a lot of dollars on a selling price of 45K so they may negotiate a better price. the dealer needs to make X amount of money on a deal to cover his cost of money and cover expense. so you set the reserve to cover those costs plus ebay fees. it would not be the first time this type of deal has happened and it surely won't be the last. i know it has happened.