Tigers For Sale 11/5/11 one is B38200110LRXFE

Cal44

Gold forum user
I have no affiliation, but man........summer must be over. The prices don't seem too high and yet not much bid action.

I do like the light blue car.
It looks snappy in that color and a driver, so one doesn't need to worry when on the road...........with the "Them" (thank you James Arness).

This helps me understand why I can't get anyone too make an offer on my '70 Boss 302. It appears folks are holding the cash close too the vest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...4895544?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item415ee45138

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...4342343?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cbdeb2647

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-/120804616660?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c208429d4

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...5817956?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f0fab3464

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I was looking at the #3 car on your list--the vin# is a 380........number, I thought all Tigers were either a 947 or 382? He even has a pic of the vin tag, it is stamped 380.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The MKI's had the B947 numbers,

MKIA have the B3820
MKII have thr B3821 numbers

the tags on this car are not original, the VIn is not held with original riverts and the font of the VIn is not correct for rootes

$(KGrHqYOKiYE6MvLd2FEBOtc-MSbJw~~60_3.JPG

The spec plate is held on with screws not riverts too..

car by the body (hood bag, sqaure corner bonnet and doors/round boot) would be an early cross over body MKIA, so you can assume that when this car was (benifit of the doubt) "restored" they have manufactured new Vins and stamped them wrong.. the interesting thing would be to look up B38200110LRXFE and see if that is listed elsewhere.

Warren

Gold forum user
Resale red other numbers

Pretty and we all love shiny red cars, happy to see some fine examples. I'd like the guy to show the build date on the 260. With some help from a good guy Ron Fraser I have determined I have a 5K14M stamp on my motor making it one of the last known build dates for the 260. Not much info on the engines. Just for fun do the Jaguar guys say Tigers have baboon hearts like a Chevy or Ford powered Jag? My pal is a former Cali. Jag club prez. he tells me there is boookoo bucks in the nefarious trade of converting Jag roadsters from a US model to a UK purebred. Sorry for the little left turn in the thread

Like to see his build date..

Also stamping on steering racks mean what, any decode avail on them? I have a 2 66 on mine and while it took a hit on the pass side IDK if the rack was changed, comments welcome W.

Oh duh here is a new link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Warren

Gold forum user
Crash course build date.

I have embarked on a crash course of the what makes a Tiger, but like all good students I look for good teachers and those who traveled the road before. The mail archives at : http://autox.team.net/ then click along to type of cars and then keyword search.

The engine is much more than a SO number and a ID plate. The casting number under the starter is a good start, but the proof is on the drivers side deck fwd. of the end of the valve cover, once the heads are decked." I am guessing that is motorhead for flycut on a milling machine" this build date is destroyed.

Lots of parts have a date code the manifold the dist. balancer the heads "removed to see em " and others. If you do not get there PM me back and I will direct you.
Want to see some crazy money? Look at the boss 302 numbers matching dist. on e bay for $2995.00 or try to find a MK1 date code correct dizzy that had weak advance mechanisms, well according to the postings I read. My dist. is a dualpoint Autolite out of a 65 Fairlane cent advance according to 1 de code site. I could go on and on.. W.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Putt-putt-putter-putt

Stop burying it all in minutia; play with the car. That's what it's for . . . . .

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I know both the Shelby and Tiger people can really get wrapped up in the numbers matching game----I personally am not one, but to each their own. I need to enjoy my cars and drive the heck out of them. When I replace parts I usually keep the old one if it's unique, but as far as starters, water pumps, etc.. they usually see the garbage can. If it makes a difference later in life my kids can worry about finding the right parts, it will give them something to do..haha

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Life's Short

So Play a Lot! The history of our original personal Tiger would drive the TAC troops nuts. The bride & I know for certain what it is because it came to us off the boat. Beyond that virgin moment, it has been driven, raced, modified, wrecked, rescued, rusted & wrecked again (but lovingly), restored, wrecked a 3rd time & rusted some more. Inside the new X-frame sleeves I left the original outriggers for proof. Finally, it sat on the rotary with a fully restored body & suspension in original trims. The temptation is still with us to modify it one more time to keep the spirit of the hobby intact. "Darn the purists".

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Randy.

I know you do the bodywork yourself.. so thats a big +.. but you imply its rusted out a few times.. rustproof the thing man! Hit is with your favourite zinc, wax, tar etc... you dont relly enjoy cutting the flakey stuff out do you? :eek:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Michael

During the poor years (several) while raising the blondes and supporting the colleges of America, the old BRG (after the wrecks) lived under the barn and gathered up all that Mother Nature could toss at it. Customers came first for obvious reasons and it was a while before each piece was tidied back to Rootes condition. Building the aligning frame for Tiger bodies was an investment in itself, but has served us very well in other restorations. All but a couple of memory scars have been made new again and the grandkids wait their turns for me to just maybe leave the keys where . . . . . . .

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tiger

michael needs to meet the two white things that plague us here in certain parts of the states. SNOW and SALT! then he would understand the rust problem .

steven

Gold forum user
We understand, we have very high humidy, summer storms that turns a car to rust. At least no sub zero here so the cars can be used all year, (depending on storms.)