67 Tiger MK 1A B382002631

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
This is my car its been sleeping for 20 years.
Picture 247.jpg

Picture 248.jpg

Picture 249.jpg

Picture 250.jpg
This is the bent frame rail, its pushed 3/4 back.
Picture 243.jpg
This is the good side
Picture 245.jpg

Any suggestions on who I should get to fix or help fix this mess, I have already spoke to Dale A, And Steve A, so who else is a frame expert? Any help would be appreciated.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
New frame rails

Look what I got for my birthday. This should help fix the alignment.

Picture 277.jpg

Picture 278.jpg

Thanks to Rob Martel and Randy Willet

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Are you the original owner as shown in the dealer documents pictured? As it so happens, I was shopping around for a Tiger in Orange County in the summer of 67 myself. I started around June/July and finally got my car in October, a month after yours was sold. I had just moved from Texas to Santa Ana, CA that summer for my first job out of college. (Autonetics in Anaheim) I gave a big deposit to California Sports Cars Ltd in Santa Ana and told them the car had to be Mediterranean Blue. They finally produced one in October. I had looked around a lot on my own before doing that, and only could find a Black one that looked a little shop worn. The only Tiger California Sports Cars had available was a Midnight Blue Tiger II, but it was a little out of my price range. The car was going to cost me 1/3 of my annual salary as it was, and I had a lot of student loans to payoff... Anyway, I was beginning to think maybe I should go with another color in the interim but do not remember seeing a white one available in the area. But that was 42 years ago!

Regards, Gene

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Im the 4th owner. The owners stuff came with the car. I bought it in 78. It had 24000 miles, a bored and stroked motor (302) and those wheel wells with the GT 350 paint job. I drove it almost everyday, execpt when it was broke, untill 85. Thats when I hit a curb.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Great to see you will be getting it back on the road soon. No doubt it will result in some fond memories as you make even more. Best of luck and enjoyment!

Regards, Gene

Brianelec

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Frame repair

Hello
I was looking in the CAT archives for frame repair. I saw you article and wondered if you completed the changing the frame rails. ( article was from 2009) Did it go ok what problems did you encounter???? Are you still in Orange County Ca???? I'm looking at a similar repair so was interested in the outcome.
Thanks Brian

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Not yet. Soon I hope, bad back, and no money. Never was in O.C. . In the S.F.V. since I was 5,in 1959.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Pictures from the past

I got these pics from 66Tiger289, a few weeks ago. They are from TU VI. Sure is nice to see my car was really drivable at one time. You really cant miss those flares.
Thanks Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Call me crazy but I like the flares. Where was this TU held? Actually quite a few cars showed up, was this the 80's? I even see a Pinto Woody wagon. :)

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
I like them too. The first time I saw that car I thought it was the hottest Tiger Id ever seen. I did not argue or dicker with the seller. I paid his price and was very happy. $5000. was a bit high, the average price was about $3500. ,and two weeks after I got it, I found a MK2 for $6000. The motor was new, and so were the flares ,paint job, and other modifications. That TU was in Santa Maria in 79. I bought the Tiger in 78. I bent the frame in 85. Thought I fixed it and drove it for 2 months in 92. Its been parked since 92. Good news in 7 months I turn 62, and get a raise, money I can use to finally fix my car.

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
What a pleasant surprise I just had when opening those last two pictures! The first shows two of our Tigers, the red Mk ll (with red HT) and the white Mk lA (with red interior). My wife, Sue, (deceased) has her back to the camera and I (with a very COOL perm) am standing just behind her. That was the year the white Mk l won the Lord Rootes Award. I remember being so thrilled when Ian shared that he voted for the car partially because it had an automatic, like the one he had. Great memories, thanks for posting! Now, get that car back on the road and get Tigerin'!
Gary

Tigerneeds

Bronze forum user
Frame

So I have the same issue with my Tiger. The right side is badly damaged and I will be putting in a frame rail soon. Tiger is basically rust free from a restoration about 15 years ago, so I need to fix it.