LAT hood scoop dimensions

cyclonegord

Bronze forum user
LAT 25

Here is a picture of my Tiger - the ex Jim Adams International Automobiles Inc company car. When I restored the car back in the 80's we borrowed the original LAT 25 hood scoop mould, had it fixed up and ran a batch of 10. I kept 2 and later sold the spare. I had decided that I liked that look and the quality of the fiberglass LAT hoods was questionable at that time.

cyclonegord

Bronze forum user
LAT 25

Here are a couple of better pictures of my scoop. It's approx 23"x13" including a 1/2 inch mounting lip.

cyclonegord

Bronze forum user
LAT 25

According to the Book of Norman it was from the Cobra. He also states it was used on both of the factory sponsored race cars and the "Super Tiger".

Warren

Gold forum user
Tag it Homie's

Just trying to get back to my fitment of a repop LAT hood built by Dale A's vendor. As I have it the mold was from a original fixed to a members car. Dale was sure to ask do it like they done it back then with underhood finish or bulntly lack of it:cool:

I tag threads as when I was searching in the past I did not find it so what you see in tags was added by me the "Chaka" of CAT:eek:

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I too need these dimensions:

1. Placement of the triangles relative to the hood corners - easiest to measure on a square corner hood

2. Length of each leg of the triangles

3. Placement of the front edge of the scoop relative to the front edge of the hood

Thanks for the help
Robert

Warren

Gold forum user
Cut

I'd say measuring can be a plus or minus ass all hoods get some trimming to fit. In My case it was over 5/8''. Take a good look at the inner liner that'll be unchanged no matter how crooked the car is or badly the hood is trimmed.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
I bought the LAT fiberglass scoop from Race Composites offered on FleaBay that I asked about a few days ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-Induction-Hood-Scoop-Universal-Chevrolet-Ford-Dodge-Sunbeam-Alpine1-/291888942687?vxp=mtr

I now am going to make a steel LAT hood using my spare square corner hood, then fit to my round corner car. Hence the need for the measurements

If you are going to use that hood scoop which is not correct in the first place you might as well just put the corner vents where they fit since they won't be correct either. Or you could buy one of the after market hoods and do a copy in steel which is way better, I haven't seen a plastic hood that fits worth a damn either.....been there

Moondoggie

Hoghead

Gold forum user
If you are going to use that hood scoop which is not correct in the first place you might as well just put the corner vents where they fit since they won't be correct either. Or you could buy one of the after market hoods and do a copy in steel which is way better, I haven't seen a plastic hood that fits worth a damn either.....been there

Moondoggie

Sure looks correct
http://catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=5524&highlight=hood-
What is incorrect that you can see from the pic?

A copy is a copy, no matter if it is in steel, or a FRP repo that does not fit. Even so I may as well put the correct size corner vents in the right place and and would appreciate the measurements