For Sale: 1967 Sunbeam Tiger Mk-II

Tigermaniac

Bronze forum user
Same owner for 22 years. Rotissere restoration completed in 1995 with limited miles since. Body and paint by Tiger Auto Service (Dayton OH) and 289 hi-po built by "Ohio" George Montgomery http://www.georgesspeedshop.com/Ohio_George/Start_OGM.html, the oldest speed shop in the USA. Multiple invitational Concours d'Elegance winner and winner of the "Premier" class at the 2009 Dayton Concours d'Elegance http://www.daytonconcours.com/. TAC certified with many LAT options: 3:07 posi; LAT-70 wheels; LAT tachometer; Lat hood; clock; hardtop. Price is $100,000 OBO. I can be reached at 937-427-8444 during business hours, 937-232-5960 cell or e-mail me at tigermaniac@sbcglobal.net for photos and your questions. John E

Tigermaniac

Bronze forum user
Thanks for looking. I have lowered the asking price to $90,000 OBO. The first two photos in this thread are not my car. The group of 7 photos following them are the correct ones.

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
John,

Posting some photos might help generate some more interest. If you are really chasing the higher end of the market recent mercum aucxtions indicate it would be worth lobbing in there. If your car is in top condition it "should" bring your asking price given recent sales.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MKII

michael,
if you want to see photos of the car, go to sunbeamtiger.co.uk classified section and you can pull up many photos of this car. it's a very nice car. well done and well detailed. makes me proud to say that the wife's alpine was done by the same shop the same year. if someone wants an immaculate car this is it!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob,

Is this the car? Lists as £38,000

If this is the car, does it still have the air cleaner, wheel arch and sill mouldings and the orginal steering wheel, they are not on the car in the photos.

5.jpg

2.jpg

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MKII

michael,

that is not john's car. when you open up the classified section ,count down 13 listings. open up the gallery and take a look.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
John,

Thanks for uploading the pics and clarifying which car is yours... that is one VERY nice Tiger.. and MKII on top of it.. given its the same $ as being asked for the MKII here in AU.. i know which i'd be buying.. your car has some nice options and is a legit car.. so yours would be money well spent.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
One thing i noticed is the rear LAT70's.. there is a very deep dish on them.. are they a 7" on the back or they have a different offset. I knwo these wheels were comon to a few cars (corvairs, datsuns etc.. ) so i guess you could get a LAT 70 in a wider width or with a greater offset. Its a nice touch.. squares the track and gives it a good aggresive look while appearing correct.

Tigermaniac

Bronze forum user
Thank you for all took the time to look. The car has been sold to a discriminating collector who is putting it in his collection of 20+ other high-end collector cars.

AHudson777

Silver forum user
Thank you for all took the time to look. The car has been sold to a discriminating collector who is putting it in his collection of 20+ other high-end collector cars.

I realize it was probably a slower sale than you wanted, BUT you had a fantastic, 'top tier' car, and it takes a special person to appreciate.

I'm glad for BOTH of you. That car deserves a place among high end cars.

Congratulations! What's next for you?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MKII

john,
now that there is only one tiger left in the garage, what are you going to buy to fill the open bay?

Tigermaniac

Bronze forum user
:DTwenty-nine years ago when I bought my first Tiger (my Mk-Ia which I still have) I was looking to buy and restore a C2 Corvette. However, I decided Corvettes were like assholes, everybody has one. So, Tiger it was. However, the desire has never gone away for a C2 coupe and I have been looking for a year. Plus, I am 29 years older and not getting any younger and it is time to address my bucket list. I have found a 1965 Corvette coupe that is fully option loaded, including factory air conditioning and I am flying to California to pick it up and drive it cross country with my 18 year old son, Ian.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MKII

john,
have a safe trip! will you have it home by the end of the month? i need to haul the new harrington over for you to photograph some saturday and we would love to see the vette.
bob