Tiger memorabilia

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I have collected over the years a few Tiger items, just curious if anyone else has any unique collectables.

Huge decal I got years ago.
20rogmw.jpg

I believe this was the Subway promo.
qyse9h.jpg

slot car.
9rk7wz.jpg

Johnny Lightning.
fc31fk.jpg

Print
54g1oo.jpg

I have some more items (models, ads, etc..) but they are all packed up.

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Some nice bits there... i think we all have our collections of special accesories, brochures and articles...

Tom Hall was selling off part of his collection last year and this year.. amazing brochures and things i had never seen before.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
The slot car, model and ads I am sure I have had for over 20 yrs now----some things you just hate to get rid of.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I havent collected tiger models, though always save pictured of them when they come up for sale. There are models by K & R Replicas from the UK of the Sportscar forum tiger, British police tiger, Mote Carlo rally tiger and MKII tiger. There are the AMT and aurora models and the "get smart" kits as well as landsdown, triang and johnny lightning. The scalextric model shown is a valuable and rare mode and in the last few years there have been LeMans tiger shells for sale that go ontop of the scalextircs bases.

As for my own personal collecton, i think my favourite Tiger memrobilia are my Orinal LAT rally jacket and LAT dealer pack with the folder, price list and options.

As for overall sunbeam stuff.. i really like the original Sunbeam alpien Series II factory tuning manual and S3 alpine factory options flyer i picked up about 10 years back. For some pics you might enjoy:

SII factory tuning manual: http://rides.webshots.com/album/239960975SWErVQ

SIV alpine FIA homologation papers:http://rides.webshots.com/album/569822484VRLUWw

LAT jacket:http://rides.webshots.com/album/579906989DhfIrC

S3 alpine brochure:

3000RW Lemans winnng Harrington (real car just went to the states a couple months back):

another LM alpine model:

MKII Tiger model:
!B9g+l3!CGk~$(KGrHqIOKkYEzldvy++)BM6C1ZkFD!~~_12.JPG

If you browse the avatars, My Public Shoebox, Sunbeam mods albums you will see some intersting period photos and options etc

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have been fortunate to find a few old Rootes dealership signs. The round porcelain over steel sign is about 2 feet wide and is from the 50's. I think the other sign is at least that old as well. It has a heavy alloy base and frame and is double sided.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
memorabilia

eric,
the best memorabilia of all is uncle wally's car that the sign is leaning against. of course one of those signs would look good in my shop. bring one with you in october.

as far as rootes/sunbeam items, i have over 400 original dealer brochures ranging from the 50's to the 80's and parts books,manuals and probably every book published. i have a china hutch in the house with all kinds of models, MK2 head light rims, touch up paints, emblems,nos rootes driving lights,fog lights, sparto reverse lights etc,etc.i have cans of rootes coolant inhibitor and nos instrument bulbs in rootes boxes. i also now have all the dealer brochures for the harringtons. plus collections of united items from 1980 to the present. we also have many water color drawings of alpines and tigers that were done by a te/ae member many years ago. we also have a panoramic photo from the 1992 united that has 65 sunbeam standing at each end of the photo. he was younger and faster then. the list goes on and on.

steven

Gold forum user
eric,
the best memorabilia of all is uncle wally's car that the sign is leaning against. of course one of those signs would look good in my shop. bring one with you in october.

as far as rootes/sunbeam items, i have over 400 original dealer brochures ranging from the 50's to the 80's and parts books,manuals and probably every book published. i have a china hutch in the house with all kinds of models, MK2 head light rims, touch up paints, emblems,nos rootes driving lights,fog lights, sparto reverse lights etc,etc.i have cans of rootes coolant inhibitor and nos instrument bulbs in rootes boxes. i also now have all the dealer brochures for the harringtons. plus collections of united items from 1980 to the present. we also have many water color drawings of alpines and tigers that were done by a te/ae member many years ago. we also have a panoramic photo from the 1992 united that has 65 sunbeam standing at each end of the photo. he was younger and faster then. the list goes on and on.

I hope your collection is insured with fire proof enclosures and detailed. Remember what happened to Normans friends details of Tigers. We all love the history of our beautiful cars.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have been fortunate to find a few old Rootes dealership signs. The round porcelain over steel sign is about 2 feet wide and is from the 50's. I think the other sign is at least that old as well. It has a heavy alloy base and frame and is double sided.

Eric,

great signs, think i remember when you got the porcelain one, you certainly have some nice bits of memrobilia there.. and i know you also have a decent stash of cars, parts and other bits... hopefully one day i can see the sheds in person.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
memorabilia

all of my brochures,etc that will fit in three ring binders are stored that way. the photos and drawings are hanging all over the house. it helps to have a wife that is a car nut. i do have an addition to our haggerty policy that covers all my parts up to 20K. most of the nos parts are in the parts bins in the shop, but some of the unusual is in the china hutch.

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have seen the china hutch-it is full of interesting Rootes bits. And yes his wife is very understanding.....Michael you are most welcome to visit anytime. You are an honorary SCAT member after all! Eric

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
memorabilia

eric,
we've had this talk before. you and i have to be the luckiest guys out there since jean and bonnie understand the sickness we have.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have seen the china hutch-it is full of interesting Rootes bits. And yes his wife is very understanding.....Michael you are most welcome to visit anytime. You are an honorary SCAT member after all! Eric

I wore my SCAT badge to the big historic meet in Phillip Island at the start of the year :D

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I found these on eBay some years back. 2 stamps and the picture from Automobile Quarterly the stamp was based on.

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I believe the two 25 cent stamps were issued mid 80s in a set of 6 pairs of different cars and denominations. Looks like they're still available.

Justin

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Some times it is personal

Below I have the cover of Tiger Tales July August with full, best ever coverage of the recent Tigers United in Long Beach. Not on the cover, but within this expanded (+4 pages) issue Editor Mike M. has photos of all Class and Special award winning cars and owners. No I was not one of them although some of my photos made it in. All Members of CAT will be getting this issue shortly.

The other photo is something the late Bob Norton gave us with TigerBlue back in 1997 along with the title. The Johnny Lightning 1964 Sunbeam Alpine model from their British Invasion series. Special to Bob and to me because his Tiger, now our Tiger is the blue car in the photo. The other Tiger in the photo belonged to Matt Stone and now Jim and Janet Massman's.

Rick

Last edited:

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
memorabilia

when these johnny lightning cars went on sale, i was traveling the east coast quite a bit and i stopped at every walmart i found and bought what ever they had in stock at the time. i still have several bags of them. i always wondered whose cars were in the photos. now we know about two. does anybody know who owned the cars in the photos with the other cars in the series?