That East Coast Club had a United, # 36...

ToyTrainGuy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for sharing the vlog.
Do you have more of the auto-x?

Sorry, no more auto-x video. I realize that modern cars like a Miata have 50 years more technology than our old cars, but the best ride I got that day was in a Miata (exactly like my wife's car) that ran 6 seconds faster than the fastest 'Beam.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Maybe Slower...but Definitely Appreciated

Hi

I just exchanged emails with the Auto-x coordinator for the SCCA-Blue Ridge Region. I thanked him for their hospitality and a well run event. He said they were excited to have us and we brought something different to their event other than “the usual parade of miatas.”

Glad to see beauty and class are still appreciated.

Jim

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry, no more auto-x video. I realize that modern cars like a Miata have 50 years more technology than our old cars, but the best ride I got that day was in a Miata (exactly like my wife's car) that ran 6 seconds faster than the fastest 'Beam.

But there is no way that it sounded or looked better doing it.... Sunbeams may not have had the fastest times but put on the best show :D

ToyTrainGuy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
For those of us who weren't there, thank you . . . .

Glad you liked the video. Of course I know Tigers are the best, driving mine for 44 years.

I knew that I'd catch some flak about mentioning the Miata, but it sure was quick. My wife's car, we have had for 8 years & in all that time, I have driven it maybe 10 times, because I like it so much that I'd probably have to get one for myself. We have six vehicles now, that's enough.