CAT Autocross and Meeting SAT 9/7

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
CAT is hosting an Autocross / Drivers Training Saturday 9/7 at Long Beach Veterans Stadium.

7AM for volunteers to help setup the track
8AM for Tech
9AM Mandatory Drivers meeting

Membership meeting at lunch.

We need a good turnout to break even. Help me by calling your Tiger friends to remind them.

Call me if you have questons.

thanks,
bt
at the beach

for details see

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Coronada Car Club Corral Passes available at Auto-X

I will have Car Club Corral passes for Coronado at the September 7 CAT autocross.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cool Cars and Hot Track

The autocross learning experience and CAT meeting took place under a clear, blue sky and sweltering sun. Thank goodness my Tiger does not have a gauge for the outside temperature - it probably would have read higher than my times. The folks designing the course received many well-deserved kudos. For those of us who enjoy a more wide-open track reveled in the size and openness of the layout of pylons. And they were supported by some very hard working volunteers to set the cones out across most of the parking lot at Long Beach City College Veteran's Stadium. The Sunbeams were joined by some Morgans, a Mercedes E350, a Scion FRS, a modern Mini Cooper, a Scion xD, and a Subaru Imprenza. Here are some photos. Could not take any photos of the cars that ran in the same group as I did.

David

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fabulous Fall AutoX in Long Beach

Congratulations to CAT, Buck Trippel and Chris Thoman on a super autox! The track layout was amazing, wide open and fast. Very good turn out for the event. Excellent job by all!

Steve and Jane Alcala

Warren

Gold forum user
Never been

a little scared at a Auto X till then. As our humble director cautioned "Please do not be sitting on the ground under the canopy watching, "BE READY TO MOVE" behind the light pole.
When I got to station 2 I found only a dumpster and a section of chain link fence. While I am quite comfortable diving in dumpsters mostly its for items cast off in a remodel or estate liquidation.

"Note to self if a volunteer walk the course and pick a corner with a light post." You can talk on phone check e bay, e mail, text the MRS,or otherwise kill time between runs behind the safety of a concrete light pole. Some guys were wicked fast and kept me on my toes, especially a white Tiger with a auto trans that was very fluid in his runs yet close to the edge. Dale, we missed you but my shorts did not.
Fun for those who attended and did not drive like me great course the Morgans seemed to be under horse powered but still exciting. Grrreat Job!