A long day in the seat

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Had a friend visiting from O.S on the weekend.. let's do a day trip down the great ocean road... Started sunny roof down, processed to overcast... Then drizzle .. then the biggest 1 hour long downpour I've driven through in years.... also first time I've had the soft top up in 4 years..... Wow was that hard to stretch out and get it clamped on after that long... 590 kms in the day...368 miles in a day.... Thank heavens for 3.89 diff overdrive and 195/65/14 rears....

steven

Gold forum user
I'll pass on the tropical storms, cyclones and golf ball sized hail and stick with an occasional drenching... I'm a southerner at heart :cool:

Don't worry with global warning you will get it all sometime.
I have had my Alpine out in a storm only once in 10 years, thats when I realised fitting the new windscreen had altered its position.

Changing gears, steering and trying to hold the gap from the softop front to the windscreen top (about 2" ) while driving home left my self and the Alpine very wet

Doug C

Gold forum user
At least you are driving them

At least you are driving them, unlike a lot of older classic cars that just sit in the garage to be admired as you walk past.

Your adventures like these sounds like a lot of fun and the stories will only get better with time. Keep driving these cars.

Cheers and thanks for sharing - Doug