Fuel Line Bracket

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All

I have been following a thread on the Tiger List regarding the correct fuel line bracket that secures the fuel line to the front of the engine after it makes the 90 degree turn up from the underside of the car. The bracket secures the line to the engine somewhere between the 90 degree bend upwards and the fuel filter. Ron Fraser sent me the attached photo of his car, which has the original bracket (view is looking down from the fuel filter.) It was hard to get my bearings but I believe it is bolted to the block on the right front/side. According to the parts manual it is Ford Part Number C3OZ-9180-A. My searches using that number have been unproductive.

I have found fuel line brackets for early mustangs available from NPD and Scott Drake, but they just do not appear correct…or even functional in a Tiger application.

My Tiger is missing this bracket and the fuel line has always seemed a bit wobbly to me. I do have an unfilled tapped hole in the block at the position where Ron’s bracket appears to be attached. What I would like to get are some more photos of the correct bracket and how/where it is affixed to the right front side of the engine. Ron was nice enough to brave the freezing weather to get the photo he sent.

I am hoping somebody in warmer climates might be able to get a few different views. In case I cannot locate the correct bracket to install I would also be interested in alternative methods to secure the line somewhere close to the factory correct position.

As always...Thanks!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Easy Solutions

Hi All

I have been following a thread on the Tiger List regarding the correct fuel line bracket that secures the fuel line to the front of the engine after it makes the 90 degree turn up from the underside of the car. The bracket secures the line to the engine somewhere between the 90 degree bend upwards and the fuel filter. Ron Fraser sent me the attached photo of his car, which has the original bracket (view is looking down from the fuel filter.) It was hard to get my bearings but I believe it is bolted to the block on the right front/side. According to the parts manual it is Ford Part Number C3OZ-9180-A. My searches using that number have been unproductive.

I have found fuel line brackets for early mustangs available from NPD and Scott Drake, but they just do not appear correct…or even functional in a Tiger application.

My Tiger is missing this bracket and the fuel line has always seemed a bit wobbly to me. I do have an unfilled tapped hole in the block at the position where Ron’s bracket appears to be attached. What I would like to get are some more photos of the correct bracket and how/where it is affixed to the right front side of the engine. Ron was nice enough to brave the freezing weather to get the photo he sent.
I am hoping somebody in warmer climates might be able to get a few different views. In case I cannot locate the correct bracket to install I would also be interested in alternative methods to secure the line somewhere close to the factory correct position.
As always...Thanks!

Auto supply stores (good ones) will have assorted size tubing brackets. The better ones are metal with plastic/vinyl coating to protect the line. You may need to increase the size of the mount hole for the block bolt.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Update

Hi All

Discussion of this topic is also ongoing over on the Tiger List, where one of the guys posted this photo showing a fuel support bracket bolted to the block and affixed to the fuel line just as it turns up the front right side of the block…essentially a better view of the bracket in the original post.

Neither of the owners believe their brackets are original. Fords of the day had a similar L-shaped bracket but it was affixed to the top/left side of water pump where it secured the fuel line which runs up the left front on small block fords. See Bob Mannel’s book p. 3-40 for a photo of the ford bracket.

Which brings us back to the original question…what is the correct fuel line support bracket for a Tiger and where is it located? Down low affixed to the block or up higher affixed to the WP or timing cover? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Photos would be a big help.

Thanks

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Down

Hi All

Discussion of this topic is also ongoing over on the Tiger List, where one of the guys posted this photo showing a fuel support bracket bolted to the block and affixed to the fuel line just as it turns up the front right side of the block…essentially a better view of the bracket in the original post.

Neither of the owners believe their brackets are original. Fords of the day had a similar L-shaped bracket but it was affixed to the top/left side of water pump where it secured the fuel line which runs up the left front on small block fords. See Bob Mannel’s book p. 3-40 for a photo of the ford bracket.

Which brings us back to the original question…what is the correct fuel line support bracket for a Tiger and where is it located? Down low affixed to the block or up higher affixed to the WP or timing cover? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Photos would be a big help.

Thanks

Down Low on the RH side of the block. It's basically a nothing fancy strap clamp. A close example would be the NAPA 770-1155 or 770-1154.

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
fuel line clamps

Hi Jim, I bought a tiger last weekend and I've attached shots of the fuel line brackets that were on this car.

The rearward bracket was attached to the lower starter bolt and the other one was on the front motor mount bolt.

I think the motor mount bracket is supposed to go on the bolt that attaches the dipstick tube.

Hope this helps.

Bob J.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the great photos both of which use a strap clamp affixed to a bracket that is bolted to the lower right front of the block. That type clamp is a bit different than the ford clamp originally cited at the beginning of the thread but is functionally the same.

At this point, my last question would be...Does anybody have any fuel line support brackets up higher, just below the filter...say attached to the water pump bolts or any place in that area?

Thanks for all the feedback.

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
fuel brackets

Hi Jim, I looked up this old thread to have a look at the pictures I posted and then deleted, thankfully they are still here.

To reply to your original question, on my mk2 there were 3 brackets- one on the starter bolt, then a second low on the block forward of the motor mount, and the third was attached to the lower bolt of the alternator bracket.

The front 2 were both L shaped with a small strap clamp as shown in the photos.