1964 Tiger clone

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
*****************************SOLD***********************************
So what do you do with a wrecked Tiger and a good Alpine? This car was built in the late 70's, great care was taken to remove the Tiger specific parts and reinstall them in the same manner as the "factory" did in the 60's. This car is based on a series IV Alpine GT and a MkIa Tiger from what I can tell. Here are a few specifics......
289 Ford engine ( replaced the 260 yrs ago)
Top loader HEH-E trans from a Tiger
Hurst short shift linkage
Tiger rear end - Dana
Tiger front crossmember
Dale's rear disc brake set up
Dale's springs front and rear
Stock front disc brakes
Roll bar with 4 point seat belts
LAT hood along with the stock hood
Tiger wheel well supports
Tiger trans tunnel
Alfa Cromodora wheels - 14"
Aluminum radiator
Headers
Holley carb just rebuilt - 600 cfm
Hard top
Dash is from a Sunbeam Alpine GT
16 gallon fuel cell in trunk
Battery in trunk
I am sure I am missing some items.
I have the write up from George Fallehy ( father of the Tiger registry) explaining the process and parts used.
Great car to drive, handles better than a stock Tiger and brakes much better too. With a little TLC this could be a great car and has good history too. No trades. Let's talk. More pics if needed.

6qv69d.jpg

k6r8m.jpg

2dvu0zs.jpg

30ihrfp.jpg

2nta3l.jpg

Last edited:

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
clone

The dash is not from a Harrington LeMans.

Attachments

• 100_0297.jpg
    100_0297.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 228

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
great pics, thanks. I read that from a previous owner, he may have been mistaken. What Alpines came with a wood dash and choke? Just curious, nice dash either way.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
great pics, thanks. I read that from a previous owner, he may have been mistaken. What Alpines came with a wood dash and choke? Just curious, nice dash either way.

Didn't all Alpine GT's come with a wood dash ( and steering wheel ) ??

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
clone

The LeMans was built using a series 2 Alpine. The original dash was plastic that was painted silver. The instruments set in a raised bezel. Harrington sanded the dash flat and glued a wood grained formica panel to it. They also added a plywood glove box door with the same formica glued to it. The original Harrington dash had no wood . SS had a wood dash made for our RHD LeMans that we're restoring. It looks much nicer.

Attachments

• 109_0341.jpg
    109_0341.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 239
  • 109_0343.jpg
    109_0343.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 205

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
clone

Photos don't do it justice. The veneer ls nice. The original lettering is a different font and he reproduced that.

Jeff_H

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
wood dash and wheel was introduced with the series 3 GT alpine and was carried over into series 4 and 5 GT's and of course most Tigers
Soft top was not fitted to GT cars, just the hard top - see picture.

Attachments

• int2.jpg
    int2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 203