Looking for MK1A Lower Valance + Misc Parts

IronV8

Bronze forum user
PO's bondo reinforced lower valance requires replacement. Send a PM if you have a spare or have a lead on one that fits a mid range MK1A without too much finishing.
Also looking for T pull hood release rod with handle, washer bottle mounting bracket, and washer bottle with hardware.

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Help yourself out a little.........

Valances available everyday at Victoria British.

Washer brackets were listed 2 times in the last month on EBAY.

Repro water bottle available at Sunbeam Specialties

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Valences et al

Yes in agreement with the above, EXCEPT, the Vic Brit unit is kinda square and just not the right look. It is priced OK, though. PM sent

IronV8

Bronze forum user
Update on Parts

Vic British backordered on lower valences for months now - wonder why?
No bottle brackets listed today and the ebay bidding requires too much attention or $.
Not sure Rick's bottles come with fittings.
PM's coming in.
Thanks for the advice.

Warren

Gold forum user
eBay etc.

I look at eBay several time ever day kind of a crackberry like habit. Seen a couple of sheet metal sales like valence and the bracket you need. eBay has a bidding service that will auto bid in the last 15 seconds.

Yes I have seen the Fugly sheet metal from VB on a car lately. More often than not its better to buy a parts horse car as it is a lot of work cutting one up and then guys want to pay 100 bucks for a part that took 1.5 hours 6 sawzall blades and a few drill bits and a spot weld cutter gets used up.

It always helps to post your home town in these requests as shipping cost is a big issue.

More often then not we see a parts wanted posting then a few matching items magically appear on ePay, co incidence???

Paul4223

Gold forum user

I called Victoria British on June 10, 2014 about valance availability, and was told they are out of stock and they should have them in 7 weeks. $700 bux plus oversize shipping. They are only available "everyday" when they are in stock. :)

Last edited:

CT Tiger

Silver forum user
FYI , I bought two new door skins from VB forget the price but it wasn't cheap . Have to say I was NOT impressed with the fit or quality ! most of the folds were stamped wrong and had to be re worked as well as the metal being thinner than what I am used to . I have more time in fitting those skins than the rest of the car, I have skinned many a door in my day and these were by far the worst fitting panels yet ..Hind sight being 20/20 I should have just repaired my skins that just had some damage from a race career . But at that point door frames were naked and waiting the new skins .

Yes they were on back order something like 6 months and when I called Long Motor co ( VB parent co ) to cancel my order and get refunded I was put in touch with the actual stamper in the UK , panels arrived within a week of talking with them , when I called back about switching them for a better stamped pair I was told " just beat them with a hammer a bit , fill the rest , and bobs your uncle "

IMHO if you need a valance I would look for a good used one , and or be prepared for some hammer and dolly time .

There is a fellow here in the NE that has alpine parts cars , perhaps he has a valance for you , PM me and I will give you his contact info .