90 Degree Oil Filter Block

chirodoc

Gold forum user
Oil filter fitment

Classic Motorsport Magazine used a MOCAL "Cobra kit" for a Cobra kit car in their Tiger restoration which also used CAT headers.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
don't look at the dirt...

Had to pull the coil to get a peek at it- pay no attention to the oil- I can't see it or get to it with the coil in place- this is the best shot I could get:

zkmuzk.jpg

Hoghead

Gold forum user
The Econoline adapter requires an internal/externally threaded bushing to go into the block which in turn accepts the special long through bolt on the adapter

Anyone have a PN for this bushing or a drawing so that I can get one machined. Trying to do this from afar so cannot measure either the block or the bolt from here

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Got it
3/4-16 x 3/4

Going to machine my own as all the ones on flea bay are missing this part

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I still think that is the wrong part. Note the Economize is an internal and externally threaded bushing
This one has two male ends

What I do not know is will it work

Hoghead

Gold forum user
And it has the block adapter in question!
Pic please

I am about to machine a couple of these adapters, and would appreciate if you or the new Owner could measure the thickness of the 1.25 hex.

If not too much hassle confirmation of all the dimensions would be appreciated

PM me and I will post the drawing for others in the future.

If anyone needs this adapter speak up now as they will be machined in the next 2 weeks

Thanks

Warren

Gold forum user
Drawings

Good idea Hoghead . I was thinking of posting pictures and drawings of a Tiger specific part. It's a heater hose connection with a beaded like old plumbing for supply tubes. Hardly new technology.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
The parts are all boxed up ready to go to Doug Courtenay in Valencia Ca. I'll email him your request. Yes that is the correct block adapter

Moondoggie..Carmel Ca

Doug C

Gold forum user
measurements

And it has the block adapter in question!
Pic please

I am about to machine a couple of these adapters, and would appreciate if you or the new Owner could measure the thickness of the 1.25 hex.

If not too much hassle confirmation of all the dimensions would be appreciated

PM me and I will post the drawing for others in the future.

If anyone needs this adapter speak up now as they will be machined in the next 2 weeks

Thanks

Sent you a PM -- Doug

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Doug C kindly has been helping me with the measurements on this adapter and confirmed my understanding of the required bushing
The problem is that the Econoline 6 cylinder block is internally threaded so an adapter is not required

What Doug has seems similar to that posted by 66Tiger289 but the PO has ground down the end protruding into the Econoline adapter for clearance. See pic following If you need the block bit this is one way

While this would work fine, I am going to machine a small block specific bushing per the very crude working sketch attached. Note the mix of SI and Imperial measurements!

Either machine your own, buy the Ford part and grind it down, or let me know now if you want me to machine one and post it to you. My offer is a one time deal as this is a hobby. No idea of cost until I do it, but machine work here in Thailand is about 30.00 hour + materials and this is a hobby and not a profit centre.

Last edited: