'64 GT, Mecum January

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Since it has the wings is considered a series III? I thought SIV had 1/4's like the Tigers. Very nice looking car.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
GT

it is a series 3 GT. the series 4 alpine body was used to build the MK 1 tigers.

moonstone SIV

Bronze forum user
Looked impressive until I got to the under hood shot. Clearly there was a bit of paint left over after matching the colour on the washer bottle bracket...

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice

Very sweet! I always liked the looks of the early Alpines with those fins and grill, ala 57 T-bird frontend and 57 Chebby backend. Wish the Tigers came in that body style.

Spike

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice looking.. But...

Wrong dash
Wrong steering wheel
Incorrect rear seat squab
Incorrect rear seat panels
Incorrect bonnet badge
Wrong door trims and top rolls
Mussing rear window stainless

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
64 GT

wrong this, wrong that. welcome to the U.S. it's a way of life here. wonder where the selling price will go?

RootesRooter

Bronze forum user
Didn't the early III GT's with dual Zeniths have the batwing aircleaner affair? And if it's really a '64 it would more likely have had a Solex to start with. Picky, picky. It still looks like a very nice Alpine. Hope it goes for big bucks. We can't have Tigers going totally into the stratospere and leaving us too far behind. Otherwise Tiger owners will be buying up good running Alpines just to slice them up for the sheet metal to fix their driving boo-boo's.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You are right that an early s3gt would be twin zenith with batwing filter. They also used the cast exhaust manifold and had the under bonnet padding.

The GT also had the interior courtesy light on the screen frame. Can't see if this car has the light and no shot of the manifold side.

The 64 might be the title big the year when the car was sold

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
GT

it's another east coast car that was nicely restored but has had changes made to suit the owner but still would qualify as a stock car in a sunbeam concourse. many early cars in this part of the world now have alternators and other changes that go unnoticed. I can't believe you guys missed the heater hose routing to no where.

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Being 50 years old can't expect anything to be pristine. I have wrong, incorrect, and missing parts myself. I even have some parts I don't want.

RootesRooter

Bronze forum user
Speaking of the GT interior light, how much does one of those in good condition go for these days? I haven't seen one for sale for ages.

You are right that an early s3gt would be twin zenith with batwing filter. They also used the cast exhaust manifold and had the under bonnet padding.

The GT also had the interior courtesy light on the screen frame. Can't see if this car has the light and no shot of the manifold side.

The 64 might be the title big the year when the car was sold

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Depends, the one with the slide switch on its base with the plastic knobs still intact or the one without the switch? The former Nos I would expect 85+ the later 50+ . that said I would be buying them from UK eBay when they are listed for an imp not listed as a rare tiger item!

Last edited: