LAT 9 wheel caps ("Pie Cutters")

pinecat

Bronze forum user
Hello everybody! :)
I have some original LAT 9s on a 65 Gen I that unfortunately have long ago lost all 4 of their kitty cat caps.

I've found some old threads on the internet for these type of caps (part of the wheel that had a tiger in the center of the circular cap) that seem to go nowhere. Just wondering if anyone here (or elsewhere) has any reproductions of these caps?

Thanks!

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
Don't know where you can get any caps, but I have a source for a reproduction set of wheel, $600 each.

Erich

Gold forum user
My understanding of those wheels is the cap was cast as an integral part of the wheel.

There is no missing cap that you can replace. The cap was machined off so the wheel would fit on the tire balancing machines of the day.

Warren

Gold forum user
Some home brewed

Guys made em in our old f/s ads. They were left when house cleaning as good reference material. If it was a AC air cleaner you were looking for you'd have to look in GTD it's complicated:)

I asked a couple of times for a set of Cosmic center caps . You should possibly look at the way those are attached as a good retrofit with snap ring.

The ones sold in old marketplace ad have no destructions for attaching , press fit?

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello everybody! :)
I have some original LAT 9s on a 65 Gen I that unfortunately have long ago lost all 4 of their kitty cat caps.

I've found some old threads on the internet for these type of caps (part of the wheel that had a tiger in the center of the circular cap) that seem to go nowhere. Just wondering if anyone here (or elsewhere) has any reproductions of these caps?

Thanks!

Is this what you need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Tig...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d2ceabbf2&vxp=mtr

Bendango

Silver forum user
I have original LAT9's I am refinishing now. Posted a question where to get them balanced properly in LA (CA). Any assistance would be appreciated.