Restored Mark 1A Tiger For Sale

IronV8

Bronze forum user
Mark 1A Tiger Serial No. B382001213LRXFE for sale. Bare metal restoration completed in 2016. STOA certificate 1049. Mediterranean Blue with black interior by Pro Prep (Martha). 289 5 bolt engine with 302 crankshaft. 286 RWHP/334 ft. lbs. of torque @ 3400 RPM. 4 speed close ratio with 2.88 rear end. New 15 inch Minilites with Dunlop Direza DZ102, F195X50X15, R205X50X15. Becker Europa II US Spec. AM/FM Radio in Center console with iPhone adapter. Listed for sale at http://farlandcars.com/cars/1966-sunbeam-tiger-ia. Kids want to go to college so the Tiger needs to find a new home.

IronV8

Bronze forum user
Going to Mecum Monterey 8/18/17

This car has been entered in the Mecum Monterey August 18, 2017 auction.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good Luck!

This car has been entered in the Mecum Monterey August 18, 2017 auction.

Can't remember which auction houses, but there were a couple of Mk IIs sold at auction at Monterey in 2014 for some pretty healthy amounts. Hope your car is as successful at drawing top dollar. Good luck with the sale!

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Any Updates?

IronV8,

How did your car do at auction on 8/18/17? There has been some comments about a couple other Tigers at auctions at Monterey, but I don't recall hearing anything about a Commodore Blue Tiger. Hope you got enough so the kids are off to Harvard! :D

IronV8

Bronze forum user
The Rest of the Story

So here's the rest of the story:
Best part of experience was meeting all the Tiger owners from around the country and world who stopped by to share stories, take pictures and expressed support.
Worst part was the car not starting when it was time to cross the block for about 5 minutes until we discovered the driver was using the console key instead of the ignition key!!! I took back my Lucas curses. Drove across the stage though and looked good - to me.
High bid was $70k. Didn't meet reserve.

Sellers cost is entry fee which varies by venue, day of auction, transportation plus 10% of selling price if reserve is provided.
Buyers cost is bid price plus 10% in this price range. Auction house retains right to commission for 21 days from date of auction (8/18).
I used Taylored Lanes from Colorado (an independent-see website) for transport who was awesome. Other drivers looked for his help at Pebble Beach loading area.

Car is back home now and offered at $85k. PM if interested.
Kids now looking a some fine trade schools.