Newly made parts

Warren

Gold forum user
A friend of my old pal has made some plastic parts.
I am hoping that there's enough interest and that you guys out there in Tiger world can suggest other plastic needed parts.
More than one person has asked me for a heater control knobs for the late cars and I've said sure, but I can break up the controls from the knobs.
Bill G. @ CAT parts will have some of these soon. Please reply here or use email from drop down after clicking on my name.

Attachments

• temp_2.jpg
    temp_2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 183

Warren

Gold forum user
Link

If they are available on eBay UK or whatever provide a link. This was a friend of Paul Scofield and several were sold on US eBay.

Now if the little washer for a cigar lighter was available then the vendor could make some of the plastic handles for a reproduction Casco lighter, yes those are available for about 75 bucks. I didn't like paying that much at all.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Iirc the ones being sold on eBay UK were not plastic but a polyurathane? Guy used to make a bunch of parts but they were poly for plastic and fg for the metal.

Aa for other plastic parts early alpine guys woild like series ii "hockey stick" window guide finishers. A supplier used to make metal versions to replace the broken and missing bakerlite ones but they are nla now.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
parts

Michael,
I have a set of NOS "hockey sticks" and also a set of the metal ones. Several years ago I checked into having them made but the cost at that time was not cheap. Cost should be far less now. There is a vendor in the U.K. that makes all the parts for the heaters including heater valves. I've bought a bunch of items from them. Search e bay for whatever you want and you'll find a vendor.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If they are available on eBay UK or whatever provide a link. This was a friend of Paul Scofield and several were sold on US eBay.

Now if the little washer for a cigar lighter was available then the vendor could make some of the plastic handles for a reproduction Casco lighter, yes those are available for about 75 bucks. I didn't like paying that much at all.

Warren,
A few of the reproduction parts that I've bought such as turn signal knobs, GT mirror light knobs, etc. Notice the reproduction lighter knob. They're made pretty close to originals. I buy items every week and as far as the link, that would take some time to dig thru the files for my cars. Our parts are insured by Hagerty so we do keep an inventory on paper and on the computer and most parts are tagged as to which car they fit and also are dated as far as month and year bought. The invoices and vendor names/etc. are filed away. If anyone wants to know where I got them I would be glad to pass on the info. That could take time since my retirement is busy.

Attachments

• PTDC0002.JPG
    PTDC0002.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 184

Warren

Gold forum user
eBay

The UK seller is what I'd say is a reluctant seller. I have seen his radio consoles and vinyl dash car glove box surrounds they are OK for being made out of plastic and not like bakelight even though the surround is not made out of bakelight. The radio consoles are just like the ones the Aussie gent made, plastic.
I have no affiliation with this gent from Colorado's parts. I merely heard of him from Paul and when I saw his eBay ad with Paul's picture I PM ed him thru eBay he sent me 5 sets and they are going to CAT parts. My goal is to share information with club members and help guys who make stuff. Nobody should pay 75 dollars for a lighter or 44 dollars for a couple of knobs or have to rely on a UK eBay seller that inconsistently lists parts when he feels like it.

Last edited:

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Warren, Thanks for sharing this info. I have been looking for a set of knobs for a year. It's great that CAT will have them. Cliff

Warren

Gold forum user
Bill has them

Bill should have them in his mail today. I hoped this thread would spark some interest and communication as we now have a gent who will cast plastic parts for CAT and it's membership. Please stay tuned.