Mk1 Tiger project/ parts car for sale

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
The Tiger is B9471784 LRXFE. When I bought the car it was 99% complete, not driving. It had been stored for apparently decades, up north..Indiana and Ohio area. It had a 5 bolt HiPo 289 under the hood, which has been sold. I purchased the car for the sole purpose of acquiring some critical pieces that were missing from my keeper-tiger/ Alpine 260.

The car has significant rust issues. Ironically the floor boards, under hood inner fenders are intact and in decent shape, as well as the trunk pan, but the rockers, lower quarters and x-frame are in rough shape. The exterior sheet metal is in (oddly) good condition and is very straight except for a dent on the driver B-pillar. There are no signs of collision on the car whatsoever. The car's original vin plate, spec plate and JAL are preserved with their original fasteners and the car has a clear titled in my name. All the chassis and drivetrain components have been submitted to Mr. Miller for his records, and were verified consistent with the ledgers, except for the engine. The original 260 is MIA. The car had some modifications suggestive of racing or at least some vintage hot rodding judging by its configuration. Hipo 289 with Shelby bits installed, headers, holley, rear sway bar, hurst shifter, performance clutch, 3.31 posi etc. none of these parts are included in the sale of the car.

I disassembled the car down to basically a shell. Here is a brief description of whats available, use the photos to understand. I am keeping everything not listed or shown here for my own build or spares. As I mentioned the motor is gone via ebay. Transmission, 3.31 posi, all the interior components are no longer available.

- Round corner body on a pallet (rolling with small swivel casters) with all is original sheet metal and panels still on the hinges. In color code 86, original green paint. trunk lid, hood with louvers, doors WITHOUT regulators and glass, windshield frame WITHOUT glass. no lenses, bezels etc are included.

- Again, no wheels, tires, interior, drivetrain, electrical components, dash or accessories are included. no handles or latches, no hardware. Limited trim is included, only what was not convenient to remove. Partial side trim. Shown in the photos but not included is the rootes qtr badges.

I am posting here bringing the price down to 6000.00 obo for the body as described above. I am interested in taking offers. Might consider cash of 5k plus some minor trade value. Need a few Tiger pieces, but not much.

The car is in Yukon, OK, just outside Oklahoma City. The car will need to be picked up here or I can help load. it will NOT roll on its own suspension so I suggest enclosed transport. It would roll up on a enclosed car hauler very easily on its casters.

These parts can be purchased included with the car if the price is right, but I otherwise intend to sell them separately:

- rear axle housing, correct for the car, WITHOUT its gears, differential carrier or axles. Its not installed, was removed to be sold separately, springs were rusted beyond use, and cut with a torch. (bolts were seized and couldn't not be freed) axle housing as surface pitting but is sold and components move freely. housing, panhard bar and rear brakes backing plates - 300.00

- Hardtop with some rust in lower B-pillars, sizable dent on upper right rear corner. side windows are included with some pitted hardware, no trim. 200.00

- metal boot cover, in all 3 pieces in excellent condition, no rust or dents 300.00 (not shown in photos, will add soon)

- A full loaded series V alpine front crossmember is available upon request. If the rear axle housing is purchased with the car, the alpine front crossmember would complete the major suspension components if desired. 300.00

OR the ENTIRE deal can be bought for 6,500.00.

Please email me here if you are interested. Thank you!!! Cullen

Warren

Gold forum user
Great Project

I saw the posting on the email list, giving all the old school guys there the first shot. That list is a great yet dinosaur like asset and still plods along and is chock full of info. Great posting and great pics and tags. IDK if you can post it to face book Tiger sites but that is a good place to post as well.
A simple Craigslist ad will most likely get drug over to BAT site then kicked about. Good side is sometimes even bad ill informed press can be good press as it may churn out a buyer. Good luck and I hope it helps fund and focus your other Tiger project.

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Thanks Warren, yep...starting small and going with increasingly more exposure till shes gone. trying to avoid ebay but Ive been there before too... the car must be sold, but trying to get market for it, whatever that may be. I will keep her on here for a week or so at least before considering the next step. Got a few PM's here and there to address...and see where it goes. Cullen

Alpine260

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
car is sold

car was sold months ago, sorry for not updating the add originally.