SUNI 2014

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would like to congratulate Max and his team for putting together what was for me the best SUNI ever--and I've been to all of them. The location was excellent and I had no idea Colorado Springs had so much to offer. (Garden of the Gods, Redrock Canyon, Royal Gorge, Broadmoor Hotel and, of course, Pikes Peak etc.). I arrived on Friday in time to take in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb from Devils Playground, the highest point for spectators at the event on Sunday morning. It was an incredible event, an absolute bucket-list must-do for any race fan. The SUNI host Marriot was over-the-top--a $200-a-night room that Max got us for $99, which included a $15 breakfast buffet each morning. The car show was tremendous: 40-some Tigers and 17 Alpines (the most I've seen in a decade). We lucked-out on the weather. The Autocross course was the best I've ever raced on. It gave you the complete high. Always a great honor to be in the presence of Rootes Royalty Rosemary Smith. Glad she got to take my car for an Autocross run. The morning drive around Pikes Peak International raceway--3 laps on the oval and 3 laps on the infield course--was amazing and a bonus: absolutely free. The event meals were hearty and the hospitality suite was a well-stocked bar. The parts swap was okay. All in all a tremendous event with a great turnout. People drove their Tigers from Florida, Georgia and New England. Shame on me for towing. Max, thank you again. We'll see you in 2019.

Steven and Jane Alcala