Look what I got today

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Nice

I tried a lot of combinations using "Tiger" no dice. I did get one though. I'll share when I pick it up. The plates are sitting at the DMV because I need to register the car before they will release them. In order to register it, I have to have a cop fill out some paper work. At least I know where i sit now. Car was off the DMV radar for so long it doesn't exist!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I tried a lot of combinations using "Tiger" no dice. I did get one though. I'll share when I pick it up. The plates are sitting at the DMV because I need to register the car before they will release them. In order to register it, I have to have a cop fill out some paper work. At least I know where i sit now. Car was off the DMV radar for so long it doesn't exist!

You could have just got JBCAT66 :D

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have to have a cop fill out some paper work. At least I know where i sit now. Car was off the DMV radar for so long it doesn't exist!

I had to do this recently. Didn't want to wait for the local CHP so I had an authorized vehicle verification agent come to the house. Cost was $90 but I thought it was well worth it. They showed up the same day I called and now the car is registered with the plates I wanted.

Doug C

Gold forum user
I had to do this recently. Didn't want to wait for the local CHP so I had an authorized vehicle verification agent come to the house. Cost was $90 but I thought it was well worth it. They showed up the same day I called and now the car is registered with the plates I wanted.

That is exactly what I would do; quick and easy.....

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member

My car was registered without the LRXFE before I owned it. I wanted to avoid any possible future issues, so a buddy of mine who is a policeman came over and looked at the car and signed off on the change. This was 25 years ago in California, but, Cali always seems to be the toughest...do you have any police friends? Kirk

Warren

Gold forum user
Topic Drift

On the vin verification CHP inspection, 90 bucks is a bargain compared to the total time and trouble of visiting a local DMV CHP and having to flatbed the vehicle there as vehicles that are off system "may not legally touch the road" direct quote from a CHP officer at Torrance Hamilton station after waiting 2 weeks for appointment and then having to leave vehicle with them for more than a week.

As for the vin correction search the tags added and read the problems associated with Roots and the omission of LRXFE and the adding of numbers like 66 in front of the vin and even no "B".

I have a couple of pictures of registration and pink slips that have the wrong stuff will add them soon. This is only done in the spirit of getting info out there. Both of my cars have the same missing misplaced numbers letters so its on the to do list. The pink slip is a copy from a recent eBay auction car. I redacted only the last digit and the last name of the seller back in 1990.

Last edited:

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Yes!

My car was registered without the LRXFE before I owned it. I wanted to avoid any possible future issues, so a buddy of mine who is a policeman came over and looked at the car and signed off on the change. This was 25 years ago in California, but, Cali always seems to be the toughest...do you have any police friends? Kirk

Yes I do have someone who can do it. And, I'm going for the full VIN and make and model as Sunbeam Tiger not Roots. Looking at this as an opportunity.

ps: It's not going to be my forum handle though Michael. :)

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
On the vin verification CHP inspection, 90 bucks is a bargain compared to the total time and trouble of visiting a local DMV CHP and having to flatbed the vehicle there as vehicles that are off system "may not legally touch the road" direct quote from a CHP officer at Torrance Hamilton station after waiting 2 weeks for appointment and then having to leave vehicle with them for more than a week.

As for the vin correction search the tags added and read the problems associated with Roots and the omission of LRXFE and the adding of numbers like 66 in front of the vin and even no "B".

I have a couple of pictures of registration and pink slips that have the wrong stuff will add them soon. This is only done in the spirit of getting info out there. Both of my cars have the same missing misplaced numbers letters so its on the to do list. The pink slip is a copy from a recent eBay auction car. I redacted only the last digit and the last name of the seller back in 1990.

I had to have the Texas title 'corrected' before I could import it to Canada... they had NO problem changinging the '66' to 'B' to match what the tag said and noted a 'clerical' error on the form. It had been '66' in California, Missouri and Texas before that !
I asked to have the LRXFE added also and they said it wasn't a unique identifier to that specific car as 'most' cars they researched had that same suffix . I guess by that they meant you can't have the same VIN# with one car having LRXFE and another HROFE :eek:
Made sense to me...
Another thing with Texas as there are only 4 spaces available to put the 'make' so it was listed as 'ROOT' and there's no place for model... just body style which was '2D'

Now, in B.C. the title lists it as a 'Sunbeam' 'TigSP' I asked why 'SP' and they said it stood for 'special' lol!!:rolleyes: ... and they won't change it!!

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Merry-go-Round

Well, I got an officer of the law to sign my paper work yesterday. Yippie! Well, almost. The officer wasn't comfortable with using what I thought was correct so he signed it off but noted that the VIN tag 'has more characters' that the pink. Took it all to the DMV and ... Gotta go to the CHP. So, on to the trailer it is. Maybe this time I can convince them to make the changes I want. (Make: Sunbeam, Model: Tiger and ALL of the VIN.
I did get them to hold on to my new plates until I get the verification done.
Saga continues....

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well, I got an officer of the law to sign my paper work yesterday. Yippie! Well, almost. The officer wasn't comfortable with using what I thought was correct so he signed it off but noted that the VIN tag 'has more characters' that the pink. Took it all to the DMV and ... Gotta go to the CHP. So, on to the trailer it is. Maybe this time I can convince them to make the changes I want. (Make: Sunbeam, Model: Tiger and ALL of the VIN.
I did get them to hold on to my new plates until I get the verification done.
Saga continues....

Jim,

Do I get a commission? You took option 03 in my post :D
http://catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=5176

Warren

Gold forum user
Wow

That's funny the thought that the convict's and DMV could work that fast good one Michael :)

Got some topic combination here with the titling mess common in California common to many cars. Will ad the link and tag later.

The other thread was issue for Leepear as auction house said WTH stop the sale! vin tag doesn't match title days before going to sale.

Nice tag wonder if a color sand and buff will knock down the fuzzy reflective paint they used.

Warren

Gold forum user
On ePay

So I have seen some Legacy plates on ePay selling without the car. I'm guessing that we may see some guys paying for a set of plates . I suppose you could keep them as long as you pay the fees. I don't see how you could if you have no car to hang them on maybe they have changed.
I luckily got my vanity plate need out of my system many moons ago. Now I'm happy with a YOM plate.

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Close Michael. I tried the 66MKIA but wasn't available. So, 66MK1A was the next best. You get a gold star though!

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Paint

Nice tag wonder if a color sand and buff will knock down the fuzzy reflective paint they used.[/QUOTE]

Yellow paint would work. :D

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
So I have seen some Legacy plates on ePay selling without the car. I'm guessing that we may see some guys paying for a set of plates . I suppose you could keep them as long as you pay the fees. I don't see how you could if you have no car to hang them on maybe they have changed.
I luckily got my vanity plate need out of my system many moons ago. Now I'm happy with a YOM plate.

Years ago I sold a car but kept my personal plates - I soon got a letter from DMV saying that they had to be registered to a vehicle or turn them in. I had to go buy another car quickly. :)