FS: MGB Rack

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I picked this up a long while back and am not going to use it, never unboxed it from ebay. Not sure what it's worth. I do have new rubber boots. Give a holler if you want to look at it.

I'll get a pic of it at some point posted. PM if any interest.

I may ship this as it's still boxed up, but would prefer pick up in Los Angeles area so you can look at it and see it it's what it's supposed to be as I have no idea what I'm looking at ;)

Sandy

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sandy . . mgb rack or do you mean midget rack? The early midget rack is the one people use on tiger front ends.

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
See I told you I have no idea what it is :)

It's hopefully a Midget Rack. I will have to take a picture. It was advertised on ebay years ago when I got it that it's for the Tiger upgrade. So will have to get a couple of pics

Sandy

PITT40

Gold forum user
Don't you need special mounts to attach to the Tiger cross member? What about tie rod ends? And the advantage is it's quicker ratio?

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, you do need some special mounts I think Dale sells them, and what does it do for the steering? Can't say exactly but Idea was to help with the bad Ackerman problem that bug some folks. I picked it prior to getting a new coil over front end, so not going to use it. Other can say more about it then me I'm sure :)

Sandy

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You need the mounts and adaptors, mgb steering arms, and 2 lhs ( iirc) alpine tie rods. It corrects some of the akerman issues and slightly less turns lock to lock.

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's an MG Midget Rack, has the arms on the rack. Here are a couple of pics

Includes free British car grease.

Sandy

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
Just a little more info for Ya ..........

It's an MG Midget Rack, has the arms on the rack. Here are a couple of pics

Includes free British car grease.

Sandy

The MG Midget rack conversion onto the Tiger was to be the cure to the Tiger steering Woooahs . Not perfect , but helped .

To make this work ...... One needs the adapter kit . Dales Resto USE TO sell these for $225 - $250 . There is now a guy that sells the kit in UK , on OverPay , for $550 . :eek: Then you need the MGB steering arms . One hole must be hogged out , not a direct bolt up , but close . Arms are going for about $100 . Then spacer washers to be used on one mount hole per steering arm .

Bosspwrd -

Warren

Gold forum user
Pictures

Maybe this will help. Here are some pictures of a MG rack on a converted Alpine X member. I have had one stock car and a similar Tiger X member conversion on my current driver.

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sold post remains for general info.

Thanks Warren. Didn't catch the post on this thread. I'm pretty sure (I found the original invoice) that states MG Midget rack with arms as the line item.

Now to unload it :)

Thanks again for the follow up.

Sandy

Last edited by a moderator: