'NEW" speedo

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Just received my new custom built electronic speedo today so I thought I'd share...
It will run by either using a signal from a GPS sender or a trans mounted sender

Here's a pic along side my refaced Autometer tach...

WigsTig

Silver forum user
Thx Jim. Very cool indeed. Not sure about the Forum rules in regards, but I'll ask anyways...Is it a one-off or are you able to provide pricing and vendor details?
I've got to tackle "the Hump" and come to Port for a visit one of these days.
Cheers! Mike

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Thx Jim. Very cool indeed. Not sure about the Forum rules in regards, but I'll ask anyways...Is it a one-off or are you able to provide pricing and vendor details?
I've got to tackle "the Hump" and come to Port for a visit one of these days.
Cheers! Mike

Hey Mike!

They're actually a 'two-off' at this point... I had a pair of speedos made and also a pair of matching 8K tachs. Nice thing about the tachs is they're somewhat more accurate than the Autometer ones which can read about 200 rpm off :eek:

All the gauges have been built using original Jaeger pointers to make them as authentic as possible :cool:

I'm still working with the supplier on a few details and have other 'Tiger style ' gauges in the works, too . If it all pans out and there is enough interest, I will become the vendor ( CAT 'hobby vendor' right Warren ? ;) ) and will advertise them on this site with pricing, etc.

Here's a pic of the 'new' speedo alongside a stock one for comparison.. the 'new' tach ( sorry, no pic yet ) has the same lettering, also

picture.php

Give me a call sometime and we'll catch up on our 'projects' :cool:

Warren

Gold forum user
Plenty of room in the section Jim.
Plus, A + on following the rules and playing nicely with others. :)

If you all read your Tiger Tales and for those non members . CAT parts had put out a vendor and parts suppliers wanted at the last meeting.

I'd think about one of if you could easily re set the mileage meter.

WigsTig

Silver forum user
Thx Jim. Great info...look forward to hearing more when it all pans out.
Will do re: call to catch-up.
Cheers! Mike

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
a little progress

I now have a matching tach too :cool: Bonus is it won't droop below '0' with the key off like most of the Autometer conversions do

Still waiting on the 'new' voltmeter, etc.