TE/AE United XXXV

Bullypit

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Save the date! September 8 - 11 Norcross (Atlanta) Georgia - More details soon.

PITT40

Gold forum user
Why in the fall and not summer? Messes with college football weekends. Nothing happens in the summer.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Spent much time in Atlanta in the summer? Without AC?

In the summer there's a lot to said for the sea breeze.

I'm thinking about doing both our west coast TU & the Atlanta event as well - It should be a great road trip!

bt
at the beach

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
united

pitt,
for years the uniteds were held over the Columbus day weekend in October. the concourse is being tied in with the british show being held in norcross on Saturday. football comes before playing with cars???? why didn't you have your car at the Pittsburgh show in july this year.

PITT40

Gold forum user
What Pittsburgh show?

It was in August last year but I had a business conflict that prevented me attending. Normally August is great. There are only 7 home football games per year, so it takes precedent over most things. I spend $1400/yr for two seats.

I refuse to go to a fall wedding if someone plans it on a football Saturday. Weddings should be in spring and summer! LOL

pitt,
for years the uniteds were held over the Columbus day weekend in October. the concourse is being tied in with the british show being held in norcross on Saturday. football comes before playing with cars???? why didn't you have your car at the Pittsburgh show in july this year.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
united

pitt,
yes, the united was in august for 2015. the two of us that set up the united decided to build around the british show . bill is setting up the 2016 united around the norcross show. there is a long time event in Pittsburgh called the PITTSBURGH VINTAGE GRAND PRIX. this is always mid july. part of the schedule is all of the car shows in schenley park on Saturday. the british show is Saturday and usually has 250 or more cars entered. there is a sunbeam class. it's not something new . the wife and I have been going for 20 + years. since you live in Pittsburgh and have had a few tigers i would think you were aware of the shows. there is always a lot of write ups in the newspapers. use some of that 1400.00 on papers at that time. the 2016 date is july 16.

Bullypit

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Summer

Why in the fall and not summer? Messes with college football weekends. Nothing happens in the summer.

To echo Buck's comment the summer in Atlanta just too hot-it will still be warm in Sept but usually tolerable and the concours will be around a park with trees. I understand the football issue - I will probably miss a Ga Tech game but you can't please all the people as I am rapidly finding out (being the chairman)

Bill Bulpitt

PITT40

Gold forum user
I'm very familiar and attended this year without my car because it wasn't show worthy. Hopefully this coming year I will have it ready.

pitt,
yes, the united was in august for 2015. the two of us that set up the united decided to build around the british show . bill is setting up the 2016 united around the norcross show. there is a long time event in Pittsburgh called the PITTSBURGH VINTAGE GRAND PRIX. this is always mid july. part of the schedule is all of the car shows in schenley park on Saturday. the british show is Saturday and usually has 250 or more cars entered. there is a sunbeam class. it's not something new . the wife and I have been going for 20 + years. since you live in Pittsburgh and have had a few tigers i would think you were aware of the shows. there is always a lot of write ups in the newspapers. use some of that 1400.00 on papers at that time. the 2016 date is july 16.

artist

Bronze forum user
Footballs

Down here there are only two good teams. Auburn and who ever is playing Georgia. No conflicts at United 35.