Tiger 101

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
http://catmbr.org/temp/Tiger 101 Sept 2011.pdf

The above link will open 101 for you

I am putting it up for GD because as Buck says it is a work in progress and he would like to like to hear from others to make it better.

Rick

"About this article:

This article was written as an overview for those interested in the Sunbeam Tiger. It is a brief summary and is not comprehensive. It reflects my personal observations and opinions which I have formed over the many years I have been associated with Tigers.
I intend this to be “open”. If anyone wants to add, edit or correct it, feel free to join in.

Buck Trippel
September, 2011"

Send PM to at the beach

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
With Applause, etc.

With appreciation ; I've already sent the link to a few of our "Newbies" for their info gathering.

tiger260

Gold forum user
That's a great and well written artical. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
I learned a few things too.

A little off topic but where can I find the shop notes on reinforcing the front suspension crossmember?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
X-member beef

"QUOTE: A little off topic but where can I find the shop notes on reinforcing the front suspension crossmember?"
Send me a PM with your E-mail address and I can forward a few pics showing how we do them for our Tiger owners.

cleandan

Silver forum user
The article is quite good while keeping within the limits of your intentions.
There is good information about the car, about the history, about possible issues when purchasing or for modifications. There is direction for more in depth information and how to get more invloved with Tiger groups.
Nice job and thank you.

tiger260

Gold forum user
This thread seems like a good place to write this.

I've just got my hands on a copy of the CAT Shop Notes, fourth edition and a copy of the Shop Notes Supplement.
Does this put me up to date with the Shop Notes or am I missing somethng?

Thanks.

Mlerne

Silver forum user
Thanks

Newbie here and that was a great read, very helpful toward getting up to speed. Thanks for posting. Michael

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Correction to 101?

"The engine displacement was upped to a 289 2 barrel (6-bolt bell housing)".

These were 289 5 bolt blocks.

Erich

Gold forum user
Duke,

No correction required. MkII use a 6 bolt block. That is why they use a different clutch slave cylinder mounting bracket than the mk 1's

By the time Rootes bought the 289's for the MkII Ford no longer made the 5 bolt block.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Duke,

No correction required. MkII use a 6 bolt block. That is why they use a different clutch slave cylinder mounting bracket than the mk 1's

By the time Rootes bought the 289's for the MkII Ford no longer made the 5 bolt block.

Great, thanks for the clarification.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Paul,

On your Shop Notes question, Cat Parts sells them and they are in stock, around $33.

bt
at the beach

Doug C

Gold forum user
Paul,

On your Shop Notes question, Cat Parts sells them and they are in stock, around $33.

bt
at the beach

Warren - Where can I get the below?
1- Shop Notes -how current are they?
2- Rootes Shop Manual

Phone number or email.

Thanks for all your help...,

Warren

Gold forum user
Red Shop Manual

Is sold by Sunbeam Specialties. It is hard to read cause its written in English :D not US English . Ones on eBay cost more. The Alpine site has much of the same info on line too for free.

Be happy to loan ya mine Sat.