'64 EBAY Clone

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I like cars like this because you can modify them as you please without taking any Tiger value away. This is more like what I should be looking for to make my "beater" Tiger. We'll see where the price goes......:)

CT Tiger

Silver forum user
If you just want something to use as a street car and not worry about devaluing you real Tiger , this sounds like the ticket . Honestly if I werent in the process of feeding my Tiger copious amounts of cash right now I would give it a shot !

Roadpir8

Bronze forum user
I am the new owner.

I bought the car and took delivery last week. And now I am a new member. I had been looking for a good driver but seemed to get priced out all the time. The ones I could afford were more project than I could handle. I was able to track down Chris Richards in Arcata who did the conversion. He said of the car:
That was a great rust-free, dent free Sunbeam. Converted to Ford V8 using the same methodology as the Jensen Factory that did the Tiger Bodies. Tiger Transmission, Rear Differential, rebuilt Tiger Front suspension. 1965 289 4-Barrel Engine. Rare early Tiger club exhaust.​
Having never bought a car on eBay I was nervous, but was more than happy with its condition upon delivery. It is a great driver that I can enjoy driving while I work on it. First thing on the agenda is bumpers.

Mark P

Bronze forum user
Welcome to the Forum

Welcome to the forum. You will find alot of information and by using the "Search" feature you can locate specific info that may have already been discussed. I noticed that you said that Chris Richards in Arcata, Ca had done the V8 Alpine conversion (aka Alger), he has a web site: http://www.cjrichards.org/sunbeamprojects.html and your car is shown during the conversion process looks like he is very well versed in Sunbeam Restorations.
I too also own a 64 Alpine/Tiger conversion w/AT and AC.
Good luck and enjoy your new ride.:)
MarkP

Roadpir8

Bronze forum user
Thanks Mark, I saw the photos on the website before I bought the car. They strongly influenced my decision to purchase. I also saved the photos for my records.