Speedo sleeve

eagleman1022

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone know the part number (or a source) for the speedometer sleeve that fits into the HEH-E transmission? I need the sleeve, retainer and whatever. Also, a cross reference to newer compatible sleeves might be a help.

Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
Club Sells em

As does the Mustang toploader guys. I have a original one laying about.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Say Wha ?

Which Mustang toploader guys? Doesn't the later speedo cable have the bulb end and retainer already on same? Just snap on the driven gear & yer done?

Warren

Gold forum user
Sellers

Dan Williams , David Kee , and your CAT parts sells the cables. Yes the cable I got from CAT was all together all I had to do was snap on the drive gear and install.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Say Wha ?

Which Mustang toploader guys? Doesn't the later speedo cable have the bulb end and retainer already on same? Just snap on the driven gear & yer done?

eagleman1022

Silver forum user
CAT Member
cable misconception

It has been a long time since I took the Tiger apart. In the twenty five years since taking it apart I upgraded a 71' Jag XJ6 to a Chevy powered XJ8 and when I asked this question, I had the image of the GMC TH350 transmission and its cable setup in my brain. Also, later Fords used a sleeve similar to GMC. The complete and correct cable with transmission insert is readily available from CAT parts and Sunbeam Specialties. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Wee Sleeve

It has been a long time since I took the Tiger apart. In the twenty five years since taking it apart I upgraded a 71' Jag XJ6 to a Chevy powered XJ8 and when I asked this question, I had the image of the GMC TH350 transmission and its cable setup in my brain. Also, later Fords used a sleeve similar to GMC. The complete and correct cable with transmission insert is readily available from CAT parts and Sunbeam Specialties. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

The original speedo cable & retainer that plugs into the driven gear sleeve is a leaker. Always was & always will be leaving it's mark on yer garage floor; just enough to keep the surrounding area from rusting (a benefit). :p