Scottsdale Tigers 1/29-30/16 weekend

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Last edited by a moderator:

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'll be trying to take a peek

As will a couple STOA folks, time permitting.

Anyone else be there?

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim, Gooding Friday?

That's our current plan. At least for a couple hours early if possible. Let me know if you'd be up for a hello, eh? Otherwise may catch you later elsewhere.

mwood

Gold forum user
I'm thinking there will be some disappointed sellers...if the Goodings' car goes over six figures, I will be very surprised. But, never know with auctions.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Friday results

View attachment 8520

Red MK1 race Tiger sold for US$28K + buyers premium

Yellow MK1A restomod Tiger sold for US$80K + buyers premium

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Anyone know what the Goodings car went for? I don't know what the story is with that car as it probably has appeared and theoretically sold at about 3 or 4 auctions. I wonder if this car is some kind of a smoke and mirror game that I don't understand.

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Russo and Steele...

This car was aesthetically better than the others this week. WE did not speak with owner or look closer inside or under bonnet, so perhaps this could have been the issue...

But last bid shown was $62,500...making it about $68k.

Too low IMHO

Nice to hang with fellow Tiger guys; great meeting Jim and Rusty (seller of yellow), hanging with Patrick, Terry and Dylan.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
This car was aesthetically better than the others this week. WE did not speak with owner or look closer inside or under bonnet, so perhaps this could have been the issue...

But last bid shown was $62,500...making it about $68k.

Too low IMHO

Nice to hang with fellow Tiger guys; great meeting Jim and Rusty (seller of yellow), hanging with Patrick, Terry and Dylan.

It was great to meet up with Derek and the other STOA guys... I never made it back there to see that car cross the block... Too tired after being at Barrett-Jackson all day.
I know it was a 'reserve' car and the owner was local...heard earlier in the week he was looking for '$70-ish' so don't know if he pulled reserve...or if it just didn't sell. I'll be there later this morning ( hoping to meet up with Warren ) and see what I can find out...

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Russo&Steele

Light blue MK1 didn't pull reserve so no sale
Never found out anything on the dark blue MK1A at Goodings....
Had a good visit with Warren and the new owner of 'Funbeam' Chuck's car came by...:cool:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Just went on the Gooding site. Crooked trim blue car sold for $148,500. Wow.

Assuming it was 135K + premium, the R&S car could have been had for about half of that !! IMHO a 'slightly' superior car too :confused:

WOW is right!! I'm shocked !!:O

Ya just never know. :eek:

mwood

Gold forum user
Wow. That is crazy. Wonder if it is some type of arranged sale and the car comes right back to market again...it just doesn't appear to be that good of a Tiger, at least in pictures. I've never seen it in person, so maybe I'm missing something.

Warren

Gold forum user
Russo

Missed out on seeing the race Tiger that sold. The no sale light metal flake blue car seemed to be a good deal at 62500 where it stalled bidding . As we were leaving a note in car that enquiring minds wanted to see beeter pictures another Tiger owner showed up. As Jim mentioned it was the Chris who bought the nice Midnight Blue car that we had listed her on CAT but was also listed in Hemmings. He lives in Carlsbad and is a new member. Small Tiger world for sure. As I mentioned I went to see a project car in Phoenix its on Craigslist. If anyone wants my take on it ring me.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Assuming it was 135K + premium, the R&S car could have been had for about half of that !! IMHO a 'slightly' superior car too :confused:

WOW is right!! I'm shocked !!:O

Ya just never know. :eek:
Given how many times it has been "sold" at auction in the last 12 months, I'm very suspicions.. It's goes for more money than much better cars at the same auction each time....

gjz30075

New forum user
Does R&S list the results for this auction somewhere on their site? Can't find any of their Scottsdale results.

Mlerne

Silver forum user
Given how many times it has been "sold" at auction in the last 12 months, I'm very suspicions.. It's goes for more money than much better cars at the same auction each time....

I share your suspicions. I know one of Gooding's top guys here in Santa Monica; the company has a sterling reputation. Still, a "restored" car like this selling for this kind of dough...again?

I will try and get the story when I talk to my contact there.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I share your suspicions. I know one of Gooding's top guys here in Santa Monica; the company has a sterling reputation. Still, a "restored" car like this selling for this kind of dough...again?

I will try and get the story when I talk to my contact there.

Iirc its the 3rd time at a major auction within a 12 month period each time "selling" and we know its been with dealers, this was after a couple of eBay flips where the car was " restored " which translated to some poor touch up work .... It's this kind of thing that really adds speculation to the honesty of the auction houses and results.

Warren

Gold forum user
Great Trip

Although I missed seeing the STOA guys I found that the feeding frenzy is continuing on project cars. If anyone ever runs into B9471657 I have before pictures its gone from Craigslist