Happy 20th anniversary to my Alpine 17/11/2016

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Today marks the 20th anniversary with my series II alpine, it's hard to believe that this day 20 year's ago I was preparing for my final high school exam and spent an alarming amount of time starring at my new found pride and joy.

In the intervening years we have have had many adventures and the car has evolved in that time. It's had 4 types of wheels: factory wires, superlites, factory steels and panasports.

The engine has been breathed on several times, modified chambers, inlets and exhausts, flat tops, electronic ignition. It's gone from the factory twin Zenith's to the rare twin holbay 40DCOE 34/35's and has a complete Alexander conversions twin SU setup in the wings as well as a single dgv just incase I ever get rational.

The car has cobra classic seats and is on it's 3rd mota-lita wheel. It's also acquired a full sync overdrive box and factory hardtop along with telescopic rear shock conversion and rootes spot lamps.

It has had a public life, aside from hundreds of club runs and classic shows it has featured at Melbourne's federation square, been a parade lap car at the Australian grand prix in 2012 and featured in 2 music videos, 1997 screaming jet's "eve of destruction" and 2013 Vance Joy's " play with fire".

So happy anniversary to my series II, you are part of my family, my identity and I look forward to another 20 years of stories and evolution.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Series 2

Beautiful Series 2 Michael, very nice early hardtop also. There can't be very many in that shape. Are there others like yours in your area?
Brian

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
One car three plates...?

It's a beaut Michael! So, why / who insisted on that particular plate for the video shoot, hmmm? ;-)

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
20th

Michael,
With the passion you have for cars, what do you have for your daily driver?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's a beaut Michael! So, why / who insisted on that particular plate for the video shoot, hmmm? ;-)

Very good eye ! NNI500 was the registration when it was a daily car, the 13645H was when it went on club historic plates... And MKIA66 was a set of personal plates I bought for the tiger bit never fitted so used them.in the video shoot :)