Victoria British / Parts Opinion Needed

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
Hello -
My most recent acquired Tiger has a majorly damaged front valance .

In my search for a replacement , I have come across a complete assembly offered by VICTORIA BRITISH / SUNBEAM PARTS . It goes for $700 , and was wondering that if I am going to pay a premium price .......... What is the quality & fit of this item .
I have heard horror stories of some of there parts , plus good on others .

Does ANYONE here have any experience with there body parts / sheet metal , fit & quality , OR ........ should I look elsewhere ?

Suggestions of possibly a different vendor ? ? ?

Thanks , Bosspwrd -

steven

Gold forum user
When my body man suggested I obtain a new valance, I placed a order with Vic Brit. They then sent me a response stating it would take 12 weeks for delivery. I requested a refund and had the body man repair the existing one that had been made from 2 Alpines.

If you check the Alpine Forum there are people that break alpines and have body parts.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think duke has one on his car and might be able to offer some feedback. Sadly many original valences are damaged or rusty. Dale sells a top panel that goes into the grill, so depends what parts you need. A good second hand unit is great, if you can get a decent one.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
needed

I have one of the VB front valances and we did not use it on our last restoration. doug Jennings would not install it due to the poor quality. it's made of a heavier guage metal and has no give for adjustment. this one would not line up with the fenders. he used a martel top panel and built from there.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I used one on my car and it fit fine. I did not do the work though. It is slightly damaged by falling off a floor jack (again) but can takes some pictures if you like. I have the bumper off too.

The front will be repaired along with the back damage.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Duke,

You had a closeup of the valence on your list showing your front spliter, does the valence have the starting crank hole and the number plate bracket mounts?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
needed

replacement panels of this type fall into the same category as the replacement eye brows. they fit but not like the originals. some modification required which would be something a regular body shop would not notice but someone working on beams for many years would notice.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good metal ?

Hello -

In my search for a replacement , I have come across a complete assembly offered by VICTORIA BRITISH / SUNBEAM PARTS . It goes for $700 , and was wondering that if I am going to pay a premium price .......... What is the quality & fit of this item .

Does ANYONE here have any experience with there body parts / sheet metal , fit & quality , OR ........ should I look elsewhere ?

Thanks , Bosspwrd -

Metal is metal after all. The price is about right for what you get. They are not easy to make correctly, but, if you can't find a good used critter, PM me and we'll fix you up.

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
Me too....

I just asked this question in the body section but will go delete it. Let me know what you find out about replacements, and I may go the same direction.

Hello -

Thanks , Bosspwrd -

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
Will see what happen's .................

Metal is metal after all. The price is about right for what you get. They are not easy to make correctly, but, if you can't find a good used critter, PM me and we'll fix you up.

Sent you an eMail .

Bosspwrd -

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
I just asked this question in the body section but will go delete it. Let me know what you find out about replacements, and I may go the same direction.

Checking ALL options now ........ I do know one thing though , ALL the used one's I've come across are junk , or rusted "Cheese Cloth" !

Bosspwrd -

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
Ordered..........

Ordered my complete front valence from Radford Panel in the UK. I'll post some pics when I get it and let you know how the fit is. From what I here it's really good.

Would like to have left my money in the US, but Money talks, and my MIG walks.

Paul

Warren

Gold forum user
Never heard of them

Paul add contact info for Radford as well please. Be nice to add them to the White pages as well as the Pro Vendor list. You can tell all the Pro Vendors by their title gets changed from forum member or member of CAT. If Pro and Hobby Vendors do well we can hopefully keep dues down!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A good panel banger

Ordered my complete front valence from Radford Panel in the UK. I'll post some pics when I get it and let you know how the fit is. From what I here it's really good.

Would like to have left my money in the US, but Money talks, and my MIG walks.

Paul

Mr Caron is a nice gentleman with all the required experience. Been known to down a warm pint or three from time to time . . . . .

CT Tiger

Silver forum user
I can only tell you my experience . I bought two door skins from them , my doors had a bunch of pinholes at the bottom , and I figured that I would just skin the doors as opposed to doing a patch .
Well I should have done a patch , the skins I received were by far the WORST fitting door skins I have ever worked with , and I have skinned a lot of doors .
The stampings were off by at least 3/4" and they were thinner than I would have expected, not as thin as the china express junk but not worth the money they asked . I called to complain and was redirected to the stamper in the UK , after much time wasted going back and forth like a tennis ball the fellow at the manufacturer had these words of advice for me .....

" Just put the panels on the frames , pound them with your hammer till they fit and finish up with filler , then Bobs your Uncle ...Cheers "

i had my doors already stripped down so I had to rework these panels by welding an extra 3/4" of material on the front in order to be able to re bend the folds so I could properly attach them , I bet I have 30 hours in each skin just resizing them .

IMHO save your $$ and get stock take off parts . Just my 2 cents ......

pinecat

Bronze forum user
VB quality / lack thereof

Hi fellas, old thread but just wanted to chime in on my experience with their parts. Having managed a collision shop, I've seen my share of parts, good ones and otherwise; Capa parts and cheap knockoffs that can usually be made to fit. Never before have I seen a part made that was 2 inches too short. I've seen subtle shape and design flaws, but the panels from VB I received were beyond horrible and I'd rather make my own out of 20 gauge steel sheet or 18 ga for inner. I found their prices very high as well. 700 for a valence.... I have a beat up one I'll give to anyone that needs it.

Johnnyb

Bronze forum user
Front Valance

Hey There,
I bought my tiger with the middle lower section missing so I looked into VB. We had the body guy fabricate the piece to match another Tigers piece. It came out great, granted the guy's an artist, and we didn't have to cut off the old one and try to match it up. Mike at Meaco Motorsport did a great job.