Found this old ad

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I was browsing through a March '67 Sports Car Graphic magazine and ran across this, I have seen the Tiger one that is similar but not the Alpine one.

28lri0y.jpg

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
ads

the old ads are neat. i have boxes of old magazines and it's fun to leaf thru them and look at the items along with cars that were sold and the prices in the sixties. we collect original sunbeam literature. we have 400+ pieces. i also have a very understanding wife that digs thru everything vendors have when we go to places like the import at carlisle. she has found some nice odd sunbeam and hillman literature. she found two venezia brochures at hershey a couple years ago.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
You are a lucky man, when we were younger my wife would go to the swap meets and dig for parts with me, as she has gotten a little "wiser" she has rethought that and now stays home or visits our grandson. :)

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Leash is Getting Snug

when we were younger my wife would go to the swap meets and dig for parts with me, as she has gotten a little "wiser" she has rethought that and now stays home or visits our grandson. :)

Gee, my bride is even more wise and won't let me visit shows & meets solo because "you already have enough (bleeped) in the barns". amen

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
old ad

i don't know what you guys have done wrong, but for a small fee i'll tell you how to keep her involved. it's not that hard to do. every few weeks i take the wife to the shop that is doing the work on the series 4 so that she can give her approval on the work that has been done. she even allows me to display rare nos parts and memorabilia in the house. we have photos of the cars in every room except for the utility room and one other room. the problem is that that they will claim that the cars belong to them if you get them to this point. she does allow me to use her trailer and tow vehicle sometimes but only if we're not taking one of her cars.

steven

Gold forum user
If only, my lady tolerated the 9 year restore of the Alpine. Then a stop while I converted an old bus to a RV. Then bought a bigger Coach from O/S and converted it to a RV. Had a break for a while, and then bought a pranged (damaged) Tiger and shipped it O/S to us. Now restoring.

Now she gets a bit peeved (bloody mad) if I mention visiting a swap meet.:confused:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
My wife is good about all the car "stuff" in and around the house, so I cannot complain there. haha.
j7reh4.jpg

33lgj2o.jpg

23vfb7q.jpg

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There's Hope for the Sadly Obsessed

The best byline came from our youngest; "Mom, some guys drink & chase women. At least you know what he's up to 24/7".

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I have about 125+ die cast in the house, another 75 or so in the garage. I blame my son.....haha

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I have a Tiger slot car, several small Johnny Lightning "Tigers", a plastic model and a pewter Tiger. They are harder to find than you think. A friend owns an R/C and die cast store, I have had him hunting them down for years, no luck.