Anyone know this car?

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
A friend was at the NSRA show in Bakersfield and sent me this, does anyone know this car? Looks nice.

2elw9it.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I forget the owners name, but its a V6 Harrington LM.. guy is a TEAE member... some of the guys on the forum know him... bob webb should know his name.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I saw the car at Santa Rosa and actually judged it ( engine & undercarriage ) in the concours... Nice car!!

Here's pics I took there...

Jim

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Thanks--I was just curious. My friend was asking me lots of questions about the car and I knew nothing about it. Glad to see an old hot rodder was excited about a Sunbeam. We'll convert them one at a time....:D

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
car

cobrakidz,
the car started out as a sunbeam lemans but i must say he has done many neat mods to this car. i saw it at SUNI 5. the paint is unique. they were converted alpines built by harrington coachworks. there were 250 of these cars built and like the tiger were out sourced to another company for the conversion. the top and rear of the car is a fiberglass unit bonded to the lower section of the rear fenders. over a period of roughly 3 years a total of about 400 harrington conversions were built. the lemans was the only harrington conversion built that was sold by rootes dealers. the original 1592 cc engine had modifications done by hartwell engineering to increase the horse power. they also had several other mods done to the interior including micro cell seats, a folding rear seat back rest, wood grain dash,etc. we owners have the HARRINGTON OWNERS SOCIETY which is world wide. the registry has 100+ cars listed out of the original 250. the wife and i own 3 lemans. we are the second owners of two of the three. the red car shown on my photobucket was bought new in texas for 4200.00 in december of 1962. they are great cars to drive even in stock configuration.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Interesting? Interested?

I was speaking to the owner of the Le Mans Alpine in this thread and learned that it is For Sale and but not advertised any place currently.

If you are interested PM me and I will put you in touch. Expect it to go middle to high 20's. (25,000 + ?)

TigerBlue

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Coupe Sold

This car was sold and recently started the trip to it's new home down under. Oz! It was advertised on "Bring a Trailer".

Rick

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A lot of the Sunbeams seem to be heading our way in the last few years.. very high exchange rate and lower prices in the states make them attractive buys.

I can think of close to 25 Tigers and 8 alpines in the past 5 years that i know of

steven

Gold forum user
Not to mention a alpine and a tiger recently migrated from South Africa to sunny QLD, Australia. They even bought their owner.:D