'64 EBAY Clone in PA

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
The exhaust looks awful the way he ran it under the car, wow !! I am curious if he is using the stock Alpine rear end too?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
WOW.. what a way to cut up a SIVGT.... it does look liek an alpine rear in the car... buit better photo would be nice.

I am terrified hew ould run a 5.0 ford with a 5 speed on stock alpine wire wheels and hubs... DANGER WILL ROBBINSON!!!! :eek:

George Simpson

Gold forum user
Wire's

WOW.. what a way to cut up a SIVGT.... it does look liek an alpine rear in the car... buit better photo would be nice.

I am terrified hew ould run a 5.0 ford with a 5 speed on stock alpine wire wheels and hubs... DANGER WILL ROBBINSON!!!! :eek:

12 cilender Jag's don't seem to have a problem. (maybe better built?):eek:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
12 cilender Jag's don't seem to have a problem. (maybe better built?):eek:

The stock alpine wire wheels were the lowest spec dunlopsvand shared sane spec of whhel and hub with sprites spitfires and other low powered cars. They used less spokes single laced and if lower spec steel. Healey's TR's Aston's and jags used wheels that were larger diameter, width and higher spoke count. On the performance models they would often use even higher spec wires with triple laced rims and stainless spokes. On comp cars they ran borani wheels with alloy rims triple laced and tapered stainless spokes. There is a reason in the 60s all the corbra gt40s etypes and Ferraris moved from wires and scca even ban them... They would wear out as fast as tyres on high power cars.

As someone who drive an alpine with factory wires with 155 series tyres and a warmed 1500 I used to break spokes every few months...